Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the strangest thing about you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    How do you....guide it in???? :eek:

hmmmm....I try to guide my poos out....is that unusual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I thought of one other thing. I'm English, and I find Irish accents really scary. They sound really malevolent and sinister to me. Whenever I hear someone Irish talking I get really worried that they are going to kidnap me and incarcerate me in a Magdalene laundry.

Ah don't worry about it. My husband is English and we've been together for 18 years. I have a very clear accent, no county accent, but every now and again he has to ask me to repeat a word. Like last night I was talking about knot trees and he had to ask me if I was saying knot trees or nut trees:D Most of us are far too lazy to abduct you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

I laugh like Eddie Murphy. If you were in Waterford city between 1989 and 1994 you'd know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I don't care for growing old. Old Gugleguy is gonna be a lot more Bert Baxter than Mick Jagger. To understand that last point you'll need to have read The diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4 or The Growing pains of Adrian Mole.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Leogirl wrote: »
    Same here- can't stand the stuff. Been told I make a great cup of tea though.

Sure that is the main thing. :P
    I personally don't think this is strange but other people have commented that it is, so I'll include it. For more than 20 years, since I was a kid, I've been a mega-fan of the TV show Casualty. I used to record every episode and keep them on videotape, now I record an keep them on the sky box. Many times I've written to the BBC to request autographed pictures of all of the cast, I bought all of the books they released on the series. As a schoolkid my favourite character was Jude, I was such a big fan of hers that I even got my nose pierced, against my parents express orders, because she had her nose pierced.

I have a friend who is such a massive fan of Pat Butcher from Eastenders that when he was at university he started a Pat Butcher fan club and managed to persuade 3 people to join. He decorated the student flat with pictures of Pat Butcher and wrote to the BBC to request an autographed picture of her which still has pride of place on his wall today.

lol, that's lovely.
    Pat Butcher is pretty cool to be fair.
    danniemcq wrote: »
    Yup they have definitely got smaller!

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've got this really weird quirk/habit where i'd be talking to somebody and they'd say a word (no specific word just a general everyday word) and i'd find myself doing a weird maths thing on the word I heard to find the average letter in the word.

Stick with me, only me best friend really understands this so it might take a while to grasp, or maybe not I don't know.

Ok so say around Hallowe'en I heard someone say the word 'Pumpkin'. I automatically separate the word into each individual letter and find the numerical value of each letter of that word in the alphabet (P= 16th letter; U= 21st; M= 13th etc) I can do this automatically without thinking.

I then combine the total value of the numerical value of the letters together in the word (the total in pumpkin comes to 100; 16+21+13+16+11+9+14)

I then divide the total word value (100) by the number of letters in the alphabet (26)

100/26= 3.8

So in my mind the average letter value in the word 'Pumpkin' is 3.8 which is C.

It's a bit weird, I do it automatically now without thinking and feel a huge amount of relief when I can find the average letter. I almost have a sense of euphoria when the average letter works out as an exact figure (i.e. 3 or 4).

So yeah, bit strange maybe? I'm actually studying Psychology and my lecturer thinks it's a bit of an obsessive compulsive tendency, no idea when I started or where the obsession to find the numerical average value of random words came from but that's the craic with PictureFrame

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've got this really weird quirk/habit where i'd be talking to somebody and they'd say a word (no specific word just a general everyday word) and i'd find myself doing a weird maths thing on the word I heard to find the average letter in the word.

Stick with me, only me best friend really understands this so it might take a while to grasp, or maybe not I don't know.

Ok so say around Hallowe'en I heard someone say the word 'Pumpkin'. I automatically separate the word into each individual letter and find the numerical value of each letter of that word in the alphabet (P= 16th letter; U= 21st; M= 13th etc) I can do this automatically without thinking.

I then combine the total value of the numerical value of the letters together in the word (the total in pumpkin comes to 100; 16+21+13+16+11+9+14)

I then divide the total word value (100) by the number of letters in the alphabet (26)

100/26= 3.8

It's a bit weird, I do it automatically now without thinking and feel a huge amount of relief when I can find the average letter. I almost have a sense of euphoria when the average letter works out as an exact figure (i.e. 3 or 4).

So yeah, bit strange maybe? I'm actually studying Psychology and my lecturer thinks it's a bit of an obsessive compulsive tendency, no idea when I started or where the obsession to find the numerical average value of random words came from but that's the craic with PictureFrame

You win the thread. I am aware that you're probably not going to finish reading this post for a while though. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

100/26= 3.8

Would it not be D when you round it off? or do you keep the decimals?

edit: I do want to say that thats freaking awesome though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

I have never seen one second of some of the most rated TV shows of the last 15 years.

Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    Mad Men
    The Sopranos
    The Wire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I can touch the outsides of my elbows together.
    "Ya Wha??"
    Let me explain.
    Touch your elbows together in the way favoured by discreet boobie models hiding their golden globes....
    Done that?
    Now try switching the whole thing about to touch the opposite sides of your elbows together...
    I can and have met no one else who can

HA!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Pictureframes letter/number algorithm is amazing, curious as to what is it about a specific word that triggers it?

On my right foot, the two toes nearest the big toe (or foot thumb as my daughter calls it) are semi webbed, up to the second knuckle(??).

So what, you may think?

Well, as a result I can swim extremely fast............albeit only in a circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

snaphook wrote: »
    I have never seen one second of some of the most rated TV shows of the last 15 years.

Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    Mad Men
    The Sopranos
    The Wire

Nope, not that strange, I haven't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Some say my ears aren't quite where you'd expect them to be. Some say I keep most of my shoes, as well as emergency overnight bags, along the median of the M8. Some say I that co-wrote "Good Golly Miss Molly" with Linus Torvalds. Some say that Ralf Hütter and Rosemary Smith are my illegitimate parents. Some say "jimgoose" means "God of Death" in Guatemala, where it is also a popular brand of children's thermonuclear device. Some say that while I'm not technically illegal in most EU jurisdictions, I ruddy-well should be. All I know is, I'm called the Goose. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

^^^^^

Must resist urge to view this lads post history...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

minotour wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Must resist urge to view this lads post history...........

He's deadly! :)

czechlin wrote: »
    He's deadly! :)

Aw, shucks. You're not so bad yourself, for a burd! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yeah Jim's the kind of guy that you'd take out for a nice steak dinner.

And then never call again. :pac:

Yeah Jim's the kind of guy that you'd take out for a nice steak dinner.

And then never call again. :pac:

Proper order. Just gimme the damn steak. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I can hold in my poo for millions of hours

Sadderday wrote: »
    I can hold in my poo for millions of hours

Stop that. You'll eventually reach a sort of excrement critical-mass and go off like Krakatoa covering the whole room in nicely-percolated scutter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

jimgoose wrote: »
    Aw, shucks. You're not so bad yourself, for a burd! :D

Ah now, let's not get all soppy!;)

Stop that. You'll eventually reach a sort of excrement critical-mass and go off like Krakatoa covering the whole room in nicely-percolated scutter.

But I really enjoy it more when I go after holding for so long.

It just slips out.

I'm done by the time i've finished reading the back of the bleach bottle.

The OH thinks I dont poo. I've gotten rapid at it.

It just slips out.

Frankly madam, the only thing more disturbing than the discovery that women drop logs too is discovering that some of them consider it an art-form!! :D

Frankly madam, the only thing more disturbing than the discovery that women drop logs too is discovering that some of them consider it an art-form!! :D

Its an art to make your OH believe that you are a lady when you live together! :)

Its an art to make your OH believe that you are a lady when you live together! :)

It's not so easy the other way neither! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

It just slips out.

But but that peace and quiet, that solitude, that private time you have to yourself you are missing out on all that.

My loo is like a library, there is always a selection of books and magazines in there plus i usually have my phone or kindle.

Heck i even have a "toilet book" that i only read in there. Currently its catch 22

danniemcq wrote: »
    But but that peace and quiet, that solitude, that private time you have to yourself you are missing out on all that.

My loo is like a library, there is always a selection of books and magazines in there plus i usually have my phone or kindle.

Heck i even have a "toilet book" that i only read in there. Currently its catch 22

I dont really have that free reign - the OH likes to float through the gaff so if I'm showering he'll let himself in for a chat :)

I take time out and go if I wanted to, like I did in my parents house... but I lost lots of money on texas hold 'em and I'd have a sore tailbone cos I'd get distracted and be there for hours.

Plus, I've housework to do, I havent got time for lenghty, enjoyable shi'ts!

.............. except when I'm at work.

I dont really have that free reign - the OH likes to float through the gaff so if I'm showering he'll let himself in for a chat :)

I take time out and go if I wanted to, like I did in my parents house... but I lost lots of money on texas hold 'em and I'd have a sore tailbone cos I'd get distracted and be there for hours.

Plus, I've housework to do, I havent got time for lenghty, enjoyable shi'ts!

.............. except when I'm at work.

Well, I couldn't possibly add anything to that, except merely point out that "Jimgoose and the Lengthy, Enjoyable Shits" would be a truly superb name for a rock band. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We've already had one thread ruined by someone ****ting all over a hotel, we don't need another one goin' down the crapper as well! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

Im the devils child (left handed!)

Advertisement