Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd dog behaviour

• 23-07-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

A strange question for you guys, my dog is living with my parents, my granddad and 3 other dogs(I was on here about 18 months ago looking for advice on separation anxiety and in the end thought it best she go to a home where there would always be a human around for her!)

So the problem is every time my granddad is out the back garden she follows him around barking at him, but as soon as he walks back in the house she is grand again :confused: She is not overly fond of him in general but doesn't bark at him when he is indoors, she doesn't pay much attention to him, only when he is outside?

Any idea why this might be? I was wondering if it is some kind of herding behaviour? She is half pomeranian and half sheltie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

Is it some kind of minding instinct in her. My lab is a bouncy ball of fun with all of us except my granny who she stays with when I am at work. My granny is visually impaired and bad on her feet and Lola walks near her and stands in places where my granny can see her. One when I came home from work lola wasn't at the door waiting for me and never came when I called. My granny had fallen and was ok just couldn't right herself and lola sat tucked in beside her minding her. My granny loves her company and its great for each of them to have somebody during the day.

Advertisement