Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA

Options
  • 23-07-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello I got a job in the US but my future employer just sent me an email saying that the form she was filling out was the wrong one and that she does not know what is the right one to fill out. The US citizen and Immigration site said its a I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker which she was doing but the irish one says its a employment eligibility verification 1-9 central form. Can anyone help????? Im going mad so want to get outta Ireland!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved from the Adverts.ie TT forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

What kind of visa are you applying for? The I-9 form is usually used alongside other applications/documents once you have your visa to verify your ability to work in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Agree with Lisa, it sounds like the Irish side thinks you already have a visa and just need it verified.
    To be honest, work visas, outside of the J1 internship one, is not generally done by the employer or the applicant, but by an immigration lawyer hired by the future employer. That is one reason why it is difficult to get a work visa, it costs the employer $5000+.

What kind of work will you be doing over there, how big is your employer, how long do you plan to stay and do you have a visa in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

The I-9 is used as soon as the "on-boarding" process starts. Mine was done the day I arrived at the office, they needed to see my visa and "x out" my social security number.

It's the form that is filled in as soon that verifies you are legally permitted to work in the states (after the visa is in your passport)

Advertisement