Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online resources for secondary school

Options
  • 23-07-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

What do ye think of the use of paid online resources for kids in secondary school? Esp leaving cert? For or against? I see some charge 100 euro a year membership and others 30 euro a month.

Do alot of parents encourage it for their kids or do they even know its there at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I have one going into 6th yr this sep and have never heard of anything like that. What kind of resources do you get for your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭neutralvu

I meant like educational websites?

The only one I am aware of is the now defunct Eircom Studyhub which was rubbish imo. I've never felt my daughter needed extra help but if she did my first port of call would be grinds rather than a website.

Why grinds instead of website?

neutralvu wrote: »
    Why grinds instead of website?

I think the one on one attention is best

• Advertisement

would the price of the grinds put u off dho? 30 euro an hour?

Advertisement