Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council house offer on RAS Scheme

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

zoom41 wrote: »
    Hey, I know this is an old thread, but relevant to myself and I need some information.

I received a letter last week from fingal cc nominating me for a clúid home, someone here mentioned there would be a few interviewees for the one home, I'm wondering if this is true? As on the letter from fingal it says "this is your 1st offer of accommodation" my point is how can this be an offer if it's pretty much a lottery for the place? Given you only get two offers this would leave me in a precarious position as I could end up having my application suspended for a year after not truly been offered a place.

Thanks.

Clúid will inform the council if you are offered the house and refuse it. Accepting an interview isn't deemed as an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zoom41

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Clúid will inform the council if you are offered the house and refuse it. Accepting an interview isn't deemed as an offer.

Thanks for your reply.

According to the council this is an offer, it clearly states it on the letter, my point is how can it be an offer if I'm competing with others for it? Or indeed am I competing with others for it? The information is conflicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

zoom41 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

According to the council this is an offer, it clearly states it on the letter, my point is how can it be an offer if I'm competing with others for it? Or indeed am I competing with others for it? The information is conflicting.

Maybe ring the council and get them to clarify for your own peace of mind.

Advertisement