Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally Confused about Visas

Options
  • 23-07-2014 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,

just finished college in 2014 but will be ready to emigrate until 2015.

Was told by USIT that I cannot be eligible for the graduate visa in 2015.
    and there is no other way to get a Visa for the states.

There must be some other way??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I'm assuming you mean you won't be ready until 2015? You have 1 year from your graduation date to apply for the graduate visa. Otherwise, you have to try for the green card lottery (which is literally a lottery) or try to gain employment via H-1B (employer sponsorship) which can be very hard to do unless you are in a field where employment is wanted in the US and you can show great skills. But even at that, there's a cap on the amount of these visas they hand out. And they're usually gone in 1 day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

Technically I am graduating in November 2014...but wont be in a position to go until 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

If you graduate in November 2014 then the last day the visa can begin is in November 2015. If you can apply for your visa and be ready to head over in September/October then this is the best chance you will have. When applying for the visa you will be asked for proof of when you graduated. Even if your degree says June 2014 (or whenever you finish college), you can ask the college for a letter stating your date of graduation which will be in November 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

il just try the young professionals visa for Canada lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Keep in mind the graduate visa does NOT allow you to emmigrate, it allows you to work there for a year. Of course, once there there's a better chance your employer will keep you on on a longer term work visa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement