Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS275 reset to factory defaults

Options
  • 23-07-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

Is there anyway to reset a CS275 to factory defaults?
    We moved in 2 yrs ago. This house was fitted with this alarm system.
    However, no installer key was left behind. The firm that did the installation wants to charge a freaking €300 to reset it.
    For that kind of money i can buy a more complete and better second-hand.

I have UDX75 and a RS232 cable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Gerwin

PS. I ended up here using google, so that part works :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

gdekeijzer wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Is there anyway to reset a CS275 to factory defaults?
    We moved in 2 yrs ago. This house was fitted with this alarm system.
    However, no installer key was left behind. The firm that did the installation wants to charge a freaking €300 to reset it.
    For that kind of money i can buy a more complete and better second-hand.

I have UDX75 and a RS232 cable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Gerwin

PS. I ended up here using google, so that part works :)

We cant give you that information here.
    My advice would be to shop around, €300 is very much on the high side to have this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Benzin

Even being an old thread, I rescue this to ask if someone could help me with a problem not too far from the referred above.

I own an Aritech CS275SP inherited from the previous owner of my house and I made the big mistake to try to solve an error which appeared zone by myself. Everything is wireless, so I thought it was a battery problem in motion sensors and opened them (the two of them became unserviceable). Recognizing the error made, I downloaded the installation and use manuals from the internet and made a second glorious action: trying to reset the system with * 8 1278 0# 910#... WTF, the alarm triggered (this was 1:00am at night) and I was unable to stop it. When it finally stopped, the keyboard remained beeping until I hopefully calmed it down with 1122. Hopefully, the police did not come. This could have been a happy ending.

Now, the system shows "box tamper" on top of the many errors the system may have and I am completely unable to restore it to an acceptable state. NFW to find the right commands to revert tamperings. Each and every time I do anything, the alarm triggers. I have tried *8 1278 0# 79 # and other combinations but fail to give the system something it can understand.

At least I learnt to make experiments only at reasonable hours.

Can anyone give me hints on how to restore the system? Or, in the contrary, the instructions to finally kill it (everytime the lights go down - something more frequent than expectable) the alarm tells all my neighbors how silly I can be...

Thanks!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like it is defaulted.
    If you enter 1278 does it enter engineer mode?

As far as I know the default codes 1278 and 1122 work. And, yes, the System looks defaulted. However *2 reads "Box tamper" and I believe sensors look as tampered, too.

You mean just 1278 or *8 1278 (programming mode)?

Programming mode is accessible with code 1278.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You might be out of your depth. The system needs to be reprogrammed. The zones need to be programmed correctly, more than likely that's why they're showing a tamper.

You mean the only possibility is calling an expert?

Benzin wrote: »
    You mean the only possibility is calling an expert?

Of course not. I'm sure you'll be able to do it but it might break your heart in doing so.

For the time being the only things the alarm has broken are my tympanums, and my wife has contributed, too.

If I could only have a clear full programming sequence to disable the box tamper error, I believe I could find the way to start recovering the device.

You can't disable the panel tamper on that system. You must correct the fault.

• Advertisement

I did not manipulate the box at all. Only entered hard reset *8 1278 0# 910# Exit
    On the contrary, I opened the motion sensors and replaced batteries.

I have no hint on how to reprogram the elements.

I expected this to work. No way:

Steps
    1. Press 8.
    2. Enter a Go to program code. The default code is 1278 for a four-digit code or 127800 for a six-digit code.
    3. Press the Exit key to leave programming mode. When you leave programming mode, the CSx75 automatically enrolls the devices. The enrolling process takes about 12 seconds. User codes are not accepted during this time.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should have tried the default engineer code first.
    Can I ask where are you located?
    I may be wrong, but some of terminology you are using sounds like a different country code.

I am located in Spain.

I do not fully understand what you mean. The manual reads:

Default installer code: 1278 when using a four-digit code 127800 when using a six-digit code
    Default master user code: 1122 when using a four-digit code 112256 when using a six-digit code 12780000

I have used 1278 after programming command *8 and it works, but I am unable to enter a programming sequence the device can accept. Whatever I do results in alarm triggering within less than one minute.

I have used 1122 to stop the alarm and it also works.

I suppose you refer to 1278 as the default engineer code. How should I enter the code and commands? (if you can help me)

Thanks in advance.

Just entering 1278 (without any previous keystroke), the device does nothing.

If you enter 01122 does it take you to a menu to allow engineer access?

Hi,

I could not try before (can only weekends). Just entered 01122. Three beeps. Nothing happens.

or just 1122?

1122 does nothing by itself. This is the code I use to shut up the alarm every time it triggers.
    What I understand as engineering mode (installer/programming mode) is *8 1278 etc. as referred in previous posts.

1122 does nothing by itself. This is the code I use to shut up the alarm every time it triggers.
    What I understand as engineering mode (installer/programming mode) is *8 1278 etc. as referred in previous posts.

I downloaded the manual in English from the internet. I can send it to anyone that could be interested.

I downloaded the manual in English from the internet. I can send it to anyone that could be interested.

• Advertisement

(sorry for repeated posts)

There seems to be some differences in the software between your panel and what we have over here.
    You may have to get a professional in to set this back up for you.

Thanks anyway.

I will uninstall the alarm. I'm fed up. Perhaps someone can give me hints on how to do it in silence.

Remove the mains power & disconnect the back up battery.
    The external bell may ring for around 20 minutes if there is a SAB connected.

Thanks!

Advertisement