Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loan for pilot

Options
  • 23-07-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Okay guys. This might be a stupid question or it might be a question that will change my life. I'm 19 with a leaving cert potentially going to college this year. I'm wondering would the banks loan me 100,000 as a student loan to train to become a pilot. Me or my family have land to use a security so this might not be possible for me but it's something I've always wanted to do and would do anything to pursue a career as a pilot. If this isn't possible how much is the maximum they would give out in my current situation?

Cheers guys and again sorry if this is a stupid question but it's something I'm really keen to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    Okay guys. This might be a stupid question or it might be a question that will change my life. I'm 19 with a leaving cert potentially going to college this year. I'm wondering would the banks loan me 100,000 as a student loan to train to become a pilot. Me or my family have land to use a security so this might not be possible for me but it's something I've always wanted to do and would do anything to pursue a career as a pilot. If this isn't possible how much is the maximum they would give out in my current situation?

Cheers guys and again sorry if this is a stupid question but it's something I'm really keen to know.

Get yourself on over to the aviation thread and post a similiar thread there. There's loads of people there that will help

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

If nobody can answer it here il move it to the aviation section. I might get a better response on the banking section. Thanks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi TheBoss11.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for taking the time to contact us on Boards.ie.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]To apply for a student loan with us, you will need to contact the Personal Lending Advisor in your local bank branch who will process the application for you. All loans are assessed on a case by case basis and unfortunately we wouldn't be able to provide you with a definite answer here. The Lending Advisor will be more than happy to assist you.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]For contact details for your branch, please see here for the branch locator which is available on our website.[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]

Best of luck with the application.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Laura[/font]

Advertisement