Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalities surrounding setting up an electrical contractors.

Options
  • 24-07-2014 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi lads another quick one for everyone. This one could be open to some opinion but I am as always happy for any help that can be given.

A very good friend of mine wants to come home from abroad and start an electrical business. He has been doing electrical project management in Australia for 6 years now and has been sparking for 15 or so years before that.

He has a couple of certs from courses out there but he has NO IRISH TRADE CERT. He was messed around by some of his first employers and done well so never put it right. Silly boy.

He asked if he can use my electrical cert to start the company.

I cant get involved for the foreseeable future through my own commitments.

I'd like to help him.

WOULD IT BE LEGAL FOR HIM TO USE MY CERT TO GET THE COMPANY RUNNING IF I AM NOT WORKING FOR THE COMPANY FULL TIME AND HE WILL BE EMPLOYING OTHER QUALIFIED ELECTRICIANS TO DO THE WORK WITH HIM SIMPLY ORGANIZING JOBS?

Also, is there much work in Ireland at the moment for it to be worth while?

Lads, as always, I really appreciate the help and comments.

Any questions just ask!

Thanks!

Also is there any kind of equivalency exam in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

We can not give legal advice.
    It would be best to direct your question to the ECSSA or RECI.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement