Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't know anything about Media Centres, but I know I want one!

• 24-07-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been reading about media centres for weeks now and I haven't got a clue what to buy! I'm a complete virgin when it comes to those unfortunately...

Basically I would love to have a media centre connected to my TV that would be able to play 3D movies in 1080P downloaded from the internet (downloading movies from the internet is not illegal where I live). What would also be ideal is for his media centre to be able to run Grabit so I can download from newsgroups directly onto it.

I also want this media box to act as a home server to make it easier to share files between all our devices (so it needs storage - 1 or 2TB should do it).

Budget-wise I don't really mind putting the right price for the right product.

What's out there for me guys?

Thank you in advance for your advice and opinions!

Advertisement