Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a

Options
  • 24-07-2014 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭

Ok, lets take a real life senario.
    John and Mary happily married couple planning their daughters communion party. They are doing their own catering. Mary goes on ebay looking for a berko boiler as her friend Joan has one and states by it for keeping up with having boiling water. What ever Joan has Mary wants.
    Second hand burker arrives and no plug top on it, midly disappointed she vibers John at work to pick up a plug on the way home. John being John forgot. Mary has all the catering set up in the conservatory and wants her burker working for the party in a few days, so John sees the 5 amp plug top with the lamp plugged into it and he has a blue peter moment.
    He dewires the plug and wires up the plug, nothing happens then he thinks oh i must turn on light switch and woila John has the burker working and marriage saved.
    So we have a 2.5kw burker connected to a 5 amp plug and socket and quite possibly through a 6 amp light switch (not uncommon). The 10 amp mcb (which i have seen quite often protecting 5 amp socket) will happily entertain the 2.5kw. It would give a 3kw burker a run for its money too.
    Is John wrong to have done this? No in my book anyway. The home owner is not expected to know what a 5 amp lighting is for or not for. He saw a solution which other home owners would easily see.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement