Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Zealand, via Brisbane

• 24-07-2014 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for any direction, hint, tips, advice - I have a blank page for this trip.

I'm planning/hoping to visit my best friend in Brisbane some time in 2015. As I have already travelled East Coast Australia, I want to combine this visit with a tour of New Zealand. I reckon I'll get to spend two weeks in NZ (solo).

I'm not really sure what time of year to go - I feel like November might be a shout? Any advice?

Looking at the map, it seems sensible to fly Brisbane - Auckland, tour down through to Wellington, ferry to South Island, and some sort of loop to end up in Christchurch.

Any suggestions as to how to break up my time between the islands? It looks like the North Island has lots more to see & do and worth the bulk of time, is that accurate?

I like the look of the Kiwi Experience tours - anyone travelled with them before?

Has anyone been on the Trans Alpine train?

Anyone of the opinion that two weeks is way too little time? If so, where should I focus in terms of adventure activities and dramatic scenery?

Any and all ideas or opinions very much appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I'm in Christchurch at the moment. I'd recommend going to Mount Cook, Queenstown and Milford Sound if you can. Plus in November the weather will be smashing...

That looks like a sweet tour, awesome

Advertisement