Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Cost ?

Options
  • 24-07-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this question is how long is a piece of string or not, but here goes anyhow.. Looking for an approximate cost for a decent CCTV installation. Two storey det house, 4 dome cams at each corner, preferably IP. Dublin based. Impossible question to answer ? A price range even would help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You're correct, it really is a case of "how long is a piece of string".

There so many different types of gear out there, all vary on quality and price.

Get some professionals out and tell them your requirements and budget and they'll give you a quotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭brianiac

Similar situation - gf's parents got burgled last week and i was thinking of getting them one for peace of mind...but ideally would like an some kind of indication of cost before i offer! ideally one which can be monitored via mobile phone when motion is detected or they hear the doorbell go...Are we talking 500-1000, 1-2000, >2000??? Ta...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

brianiac wrote: »
    Similar situation - gf's parents got burgled last week and i was thinking of getting them one for peace of mind...but ideally would like an some kind of indication of cost before i offer! ideally one which can be monitored via mobile phone when motion is detected or they hear the doorbell go...Are we talking 500-1000, 1-2000, >2000??? Ta...

To be honest, I would always recommend alarm first, CCTV second.
    Price wise it all depends on what you need and what type of system is installed.
    Your best bet is to contact local installers in your area of if for a self install contact some of the suppliers here.

Fair enough - but they already had phonewatch and did absolutely nothing. The thieves had raided the house of all jewelry and anything of value by the time the gardai were on the way - let alone there. They live out the countryside and her mum in particular doesn't feel secure in her own home. they at least would like some sense of security if people rang the front door at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Thats the problem with the gardai.. they take far
    too long to arrive. If theyre out in the country then some external detectors would work well along with a video intercom.

• Advertisement

For the information - in the end they got some fella out to put in 4 security cameras that can be viewed on their phones - 900 yo-yos all told.

Advertisement