Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off to the galway races on tuesday and very confused!!

• 24-07-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am going to the galway races on tuesday and its my first time! I have no clue how dressy it is or wether a fascinator would be appropiate, id love to get all dressed up but i dont want to feel like a fool if everyone is wearing dresses, can some one help me? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I'm going Tuesday and getting dressed up.

Did last year the same... Some people commented it wasn't ladies day. I told them I was well aware, that I enjoyed dressing smartly and would rather not go ladies day personally. The 4 women with me agreed and our fellas wore suits.

It's half the fun for me.

But wear comfortably shoes- it is a long day

Go for it. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Fluxfan

On Tuesday it will be a mixed bag. Some people will be really dressed up, some moderately so, and there will be others very casual!

Don't worry about getting dressed up (especially if you are in a group of dressed up people), there will be plenty of others, have a great time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It's a mixed bag. Im from Galway and would happily go in jeans, heels and a nice top and wouldn't feel a bit out of place. Equally I could get dolled up to the nines and have my hair and make up done and wouldn't feel out of place either! The dressing up is a part of it, but it's not what it's all about, go and have fun and don't worry about that side of it!

Advertisement