Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Moate Co. Westmeath

Options
  • 24-07-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Up until 2 weeks ago, the eFibre line checker, as well as the eFibre map were saying that eFibre will be coming to Moate in August 2014. 
    On the 4th July, Paul Bradley (Director of Corporate Affairs)was mentioned in a front page article of the Athlone Advertiser that stated Moate would be getting eFibre in August (it isn't clear to me if Mr Bradley was saying that, so I am not saying he did say it) 
    However since then the eFibre site, is no longer giving any indication of when eFibre will be in Moate.
    The line checker just says I can avail of up to 24Mb speeds, and the eFibre map no longer has any entry for Moate.

Would it be possible to find out if this is just a glitch on the websites, or has the plans for the rollout of eFibre in Moate been scrapped for now

Thanks
    Ken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Up until 2 weeks ago, the eFibre line checker, as well as the eFibre map were saying that eFibre will be coming to Moate in August 2014. 
    On the 4th July, Paul Bradley (Director of Corporate Affairs)was mentioned in a front page article of the Athlone Advertiser that stated Moate would be getting eFibre in August (it isn't clear to me if Mr Bradley was saying that, so I am not saying he did say it) 
    However since then the eFibre site, is no longer giving any indication of when eFibre will be in Moate.
    The line checker just says I can avail of up to 24Mb speeds, and the eFibre map no longer has any entry for Moate.

Would it be possible to find out if this is just a glitch on the websites, or has the plans for the rollout of eFibre in Moate been scrapped for now

Thanks
    Ken

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Dacelonid[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I would like to assure you that plans for Moate have not been abandoned rather dates have been delayed and some areas are in consideration for a new date (including Moate) and until the new dates are rescheduled the areas affected will not be listed on the coverage map.

I have been in contact with efibre operations to see if they can offer me more information on Moate - they cannot give a guaranteed date but in consideration of progress so far in planning they do feel that they will have more news by mid September - although we would ask you to treat this timeframe as indicative at this stage.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Thanks for replying Alan.
    Can't say I am not disappointed, me and all the software engineers that live in Moate (a lot of Ericsson software engineers live in Moate), that were hoping to have fibre to make teleworking less of a chore.
    Hopefully it won't be delayed too long, once the update timetable is made available.

Thanks for replying Alan.
    Can't say I am not disappointed, me and all the software engineers that live in Moate (a lot of Ericsson software engineers live in Moate), that were hoping to have fibre to make teleworking less of a chore.
    Hopefully it won't be delayed too long, once the update timetable is made available.

Hi Dacelonid

I can understand the disappointment especially considering the nature of your work - hopefully we will have more news on this soon. The map has been recently updated with other areas in the same situation so hopefully an update on Moate won't be long.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

Thanks
    Ken
    Hi Alan, any update on this ?
    Daclenoid .... you must have told HR you live in Dublin to get e-working approved while living in Moate !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

blast06 wrote: »
    Daclenoid .... you must have told HR you live in Dublin to get e-working approved while living in Moate !!

There is other considerations apart from distance involved when looking for e-working

I see kn networks have been busy around town, laying a lot of the bases for the new cabinets, but I haven't seen any new cabinets since the initial 3/4 were done

The map and the line checker have been updated to say October, but not sure if that means everyone in Moate, or just those people whose cabinet had already been installed

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Ken

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi blast06

October is the new provisional date although not all lines in Moate will be able to avail of an efibre upgrade.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade so not all areas in Moate will be able to get efibre until more works & cabinets are installed.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Thanks
    Ken

Hi blast06

October is the new provisional date although not all lines in Moate will be able to avail of an efibre upgrade.

The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade so not all areas in Moate will be able to get efibre until more works & cabinets are installed.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for reply Alan.
    Your reply has now created more uncertainty for me !!
    When you say that "not all lines in Moate will be able to avail of an efibre upgrade", do you mean they never will be able to or its just that they will not be able to at provisional 'switch-on' in October cos work not yet complete ?
    I am located about 5km NW of Moate (close to the orange dot (cabinet) on attached map) and am concerned that despite 'planned' being indicated on the eircom map, that they will never upgrade this cabinet.
    And this is all very pressing for me cos 2 poles due to be erected on Wednesday ...... if i knew that the cabinet near me was never going to be upgraded then i would cancel everything !!
    Cheers

Thanks
    Ken

Hi blast06

October is the new provisional date although not all lines in Moate will be able to avail of an efibre upgrade.

The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade so not all areas in Moate will be able to get efibre until more works & cabinets are installed.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for reply Alan.
    When you say that "not all lines in Moate will be able to avail of an efibre upgrade", do you mean they never will be able to or its just that they will not be able to at provisional 'switch-on' in October cos work not yet complete ?
    I am located about 5km NW of Moate (close to the orange dot (cabinet) on attached map) and am concerned that despite 'planned' being indicated on the eircom map, that they will never upgrade this cabinet.
    And this is all very pressing for me cos 2 poles due to be erected on Wednesday ...... if i knew that the cabinet near me was never going to be upgraded then i would cancel everything !!
    Cheers

Hi blast06

Apologies for creating so much uncertainty - what I meant is that they will not all be able to avail of efibre at provisional 'switch on' in October as works are set to continue in to the future. I must stress that some area/lines will not be able to avail of efibre, If you are getting a line installed for the sole reason of available of efibre it is important to know that efibre cannot be guaranteed and a line is installed and provided on its own merits - to make & receive calls.

Until efibre has launched I will be unable to offer you a better indication although if you are located close to a VDSL cabinet this is a really good sign that it may well be available when launched.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Ken

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for reply Alan.
    Cheers

Hi blast06

Apologies for creating so much uncertainty - what I meant is that they will not all be able to avail of efibre at provisional 'switch on' in October as works are set to continue in to the future. I must stress that some area/lines will not be able to avail of efibre, If you are getting a line installed for the sole reason of available of efibre it is important to know that efibre cannot be guaranteed and a line is installed and provided on its own merits - to make & receive calls.

Until efibre has launched I will be unable to offer you a better indication although if you are located close to a VDSL cabinet this is a really good sign that it may well be available when launched.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan.
    One last query/clarification ....  can i take it that if my nearest cabinet has an orange dot on the fibre coverage map here .... http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/  ...... that there is an intention to do the upgrade (cabinet MOT1_031 in my case)?

Or are you referring to orange dots on the map when you say "some area/lines will not be able to avail of efibre"

Thanks
    Ken

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for reply Alan.
    Cheers

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan.
    One last query/clarification ....  can i take it that if my nearest cabinet has an orange dot on the fibre coverage map here .... http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/  ...... that there is an intention to do the upgrade (cabinet MOT1_031 in my case)?

Or are you referring to orange dots on the map when you say "some area/lines will not be able to avail of efibre"
    No worries blast 06

Both really but not as much in relation to the orange dots, if you are inside a distance of 2KM from the cabinet (orange dot) the increasing likelihood is that it will be available to you.

Al

THanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Midlands2011

I know this post id old, but can you tell me when MOT1_031 cabinet will be live, its based in Mount temple and I was told it would be live on 3/11/2015.

Thanks

I know this post id old, but can you tell me when MOT1_031 cabinet will be live, its based in Mount temple and I was told it would be live on 3/11/2015.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Thanks
    Hi Midlands 2011

Completion works are in progress however the date of 3/11 has been put out. There is no specific date for launch but it is expected to be ready by mid December at the latest.

AL

eir: Alan wrote: »

Thanks
    Hi Midlands 2011

Completion works are in progress however the date of 3/11 has been put out. There is no specific date for launch but it is expected to be ready by mid December at the latest.

AL
    Hi Alan,

Do you mean available to use by mid December, i.e.: i have reigstered my interest and was told i would reveice a notification 28 days in advance which thus should be in next week or 2 max.
    Also, out of curiosity .... see the blue line in the attached (the blue dot is the cabinet in question) ... this is explained on the website as 'rural fibre route'. Does this mean a fibre cable runs along these routes (i presume not) or is it simply detailing where the current copper cable runs ?

Cheers

Thanks
    Hi Midlands 2011

AL
    Hi Alan,

Do you mean available to use by mid December, i.e.: i have reigstered my interest and was told i would reveice a notification 28 days in advance which thus should be in next week or 2 max.
    Also, out of curiosity .... see the blue line in the attached (the blue dot is the cabinet in question) ... this is explained on the website as 'rural fibre route'. Does this mean a fibre cable runs along these routes (i presume not) or is it simply detailing where the current copper cable runs ?

Cheers
    Hi blast06

Mid December by the time the cabinet goes live for eFibre - activates basically.

The blue lines really only serve as an approximate indication of routes where efibre will be available after all plans have been complete to be honest blast06. I would not rely on the blue lines as reference for fibre availability.

Al

Hi Alan

Any update on Blast06 question?

Eamonn

Hi Alan

Any update on Blast06 question?

Eamonn
    Hi Midlands2011

No further update I'm afraid. My most recent update would still apply

Al

i spoke to the Eir Dngineer yesterday as he was working on MOT1_031 cabinet
    He told me the cabinet was brought live last Thursday. Do you know when I can order it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

same where I live in Newmarket on Fergus in Clare. The map was saying a few months ago it was here but not for my phone number. Now its saying it will be up to a year. Very disappointed with this.

I play games and in a worse off position then I was with downloading them a few years ago as the size of the games has at least doubled while the internet connection has stayed the same. Very frustrating I have to say

He told me the cabinet was brought live last Thursday. Do you know when I can order it ?
    Hi midlands2011

I have double checked and I can confirm MOT1_031 will not go live until 16th of December. You will only be able to order when it goes live I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi midlands2011

I have double checked and I can confirm MOT1_031 will not go live until 16th of December. You will only be able to order when it goes live I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Is it possible to check the latest date again ? The Eir website indicates Dec 16th (as per your comments) but when i rang Eir just now to check why they haven't got in touch with me (i have registered my interest) they said that they have no indication of it going live any time in the next 30 days?
    Thanks.

I Had a Eir sales person call to the house and take and Order on Monday this week for this cabinet. So it is been sold!

I Had a Eir sales person call to the house and take and Order on Monday this week for this cabinet. So it is been sold!
    Thanks.... albeit that this does my head in!
    Tony, i don't support there is any possibility you could direct some sales person to me rather than me ringing general sales and them saying they have no info about when it will be turned on !! I could DM you my mobile and any other relevant details ?

Tony, i don't support there is any possibility you could direct some sales person to me rather than me ringing general sales and them saying they have no info about when it will be turned on !! I could DM you my mobile and any other relevant details ?
    Hi blast06

If you PM me your land line number I double check the status of efibre to your line and see if it can be ordered.

Thanks
    Al

Hi blast06

If you PM me your land line number I double check the status of efibre to your line and see if it can be ordered.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Just doubling checking you got my PM ?
    Cheers

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

The cabinet is still scheduled for launch on the 16th - I have double checked your line and it's still not qualifying for efibre and an order cannot be taken. When the Cabinet launched I will hopefully have better news but I can't guarantee that.

Based on this map here : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ - Can you tell me what distance your home is from the cabinet itself ? (you can measure distance on that map)

Cheers
    Al

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

The cabinet is still scheduled for launch on the 16th - I have double checked your line and it's still not qualifying for efibre and an order cannot be taken. When the Cabinet launched I will hopefully have better news but I can't guarantee that.

Based on this map here : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ - Can you tell me what distance your home is from the cabinet itself ? (you can measure distance on that map)

Cheers
    Al
    Many thanks Alan for that.
    I am only about 300 metres from the cabinet (the line distance is about an extra 50m) hence my confusion as to why i can't register. My connection is a new one (they had to put up a new pole as well) from about 7 months ago and so perhaps there was some error in registration.
    Cheers.

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

Cheers
    Al
    I am only about 300 metres from the cabinet (the line distance is about an extra 50m) hence my confusion as to why i can't register. My connection is a new one (they had to put up a new pole as well) from about 7 months ago and so perhaps there was some error in registration.
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

I've explored all options and the only thing we can do at this stage is wait until the cabinet launches. Hopefully when it does eFibre will be available to order to your line but until then I can't offer any further indication.

Al

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

Cheers
    Al
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

I've explored all options and the only thing we can do at this stage is wait until the cabinet launches. Hopefully when it does eFibre will be available to order to your line but until then I can't offer any further indication.

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    I'll ring Eir again towards end next week once cabinet has gone live.
    Midlands2011 ....can you confirm you are connected to the cabinet in Mt Temple village ? Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

Cheers
    Al
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    I'll ring Eir again towards end next week once cabinet has gone live.
    Midlands2011 ....can you confirm you are connected to the cabinet in Mt Temple village ? Cheers.
    No worries blast06

Al

Advertisement