Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Moate Co. Westmeath

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

eir: Alan wrote: »
    blast06 wrote: »
    I Had a Eir sales person call to the house and take and Order on Monday this week for this cabinet. So it is been sold!
    Thanks.... albeit that this does my head in!
    Tony, i don't support there is any possibility you could direct some sales person to me rather than me ringing general sales and them saying they have no info about when it will be turned on !! I could DM you my mobile and any other relevant details ?
    Hi blast06

If you PM me your land line number I double check the status of efibre to your line and see if it can be ordered.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Just doubling checking you got my PM ?
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

The cabinet is still scheduled for launch on the 16th - I have double checked your line and it's still not qualifying for efibre and an order cannot be taken. When the Cabinet launched I will hopefully have better news but I can't guarantee that.

Based on this map here : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ - Can you tell me what distance your home is from the cabinet itself ? (you can measure distance on that map)

Cheers
    Al
    Many thanks Alan for that.
    I am only about 300 metres from the cabinet (the line distance is about an extra 50m) hence my confusion as to why i can't register. My connection is a new one (they had to put up a new pole as well) from about 7 months ago and so perhaps there was some error in registration.
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

I've explored all options and the only thing we can do at this stage is wait until the cabinet launches. Hopefully when it does eFibre will be available to order to your line but until then I can't offer any further indication.

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    I'll ring Eir again towards end next week once cabinet has gone live.
    Midlands2011 ....can you confirm you are connected to the cabinet in Mt Temple village ? Cheers.
    No worries blast06

Al
    Hi Alan,

Back to you again in desperation !!
    We still have no joy wrt this cabinet. I have lost count of the number of phone calls i have made at this stage and equally the various possible reasons for the delay that are suggested by the Eir staff that i have been contact.
    Obviously somebody in the Eir organisation know what the status and plan is.
    Is there any way possible that you could dig into this. 
    There is enormous frustration locally at the delay. There was an assumption that we would have had the supply many months ago (September actually)  following contact between a senator (on behalf of a local councilor) directly with your CEO no less but that seems to have delivered nothing. I guess you don't have a hotline to the CEO :-) but there must be somebody you could get an update from ?

Many thanks again,
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

I Had a Eir sales person call to the house and take and Order on Monday this week for this cabinet. So it is been sold!
    Tony, i don't support there is any possibility you could direct some sales person to me rather than me ringing general sales and them saying they have no info about when it will be turned on !! I could DM you my mobile and any other relevant details ?
    Hi blast06

If you PM me your land line number I double check the status of efibre to your line and see if it can be ordered.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

The cabinet is still scheduled for launch on the 16th - I have double checked your line and it's still not qualifying for efibre and an order cannot be taken. When the Cabinet launched I will hopefully have better news but I can't guarantee that.

Based on this map here : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ - Can you tell me what distance your home is from the cabinet itself ? (you can measure distance on that map)

Cheers
    Al
    I am only about 300 metres from the cabinet (the line distance is about an extra 50m) hence my confusion as to why i can't register. My connection is a new one (they had to put up a new pole as well) from about 7 months ago and so perhaps there was some error in registration.
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

I've explored all options and the only thing we can do at this stage is wait until the cabinet launches. Hopefully when it does eFibre will be available to order to your line but until then I can't offer any further indication.

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    Midlands2011 ....can you confirm you are connected to the cabinet in Mt Temple village ? Cheers.
    No worries blast06

Al
    Hi Alan,

We still have no joy wrt this cabinet. I have lost count of the number of phone calls i have made at this stage and equally the various possible reasons for the delay that are suggested by the Eir staff that i have been contact.
    There is enormous frustration locally at the delay. There was an assumption that we would have had the supply many months ago (September actually)  following contact between a senator (on behalf of a local councilor) directly with your CEO no less but that seems to have delivered nothing. I guess you don't have a hotline to the CEO :-) but there must be somebody you could get an update from ?

Many thanks again,
    John
    Hi blast06

The cabinet has launched but it's not serving all lines unfortunately. While there are quite a few lines that can get efibre from it there are still quite a few more that can't - On an official capacity eir cannot guarantee efibre and there's no universal obligation ruling that it has to be supplied although obviously we would like to maximise it's reach and not leave people left out.

Ultimately eir do not offer internal details on eirs infrastructural plans to offer reasoning on why it's not available to some lines - although I can confirm that within the next 12 months there are plans to add to the cabinet thus enabling more lines for eFibre.  I genuinely do understand your frustration with this and I can only image how neglectful this may seem however I can only draw back to my previous points made and express my sincere apologies that I can't offer you better news.

Al

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

Cheers
    Al
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    No worries blast06

Al
    Hi Alan,

Many thanks again,
    John
    Hi blast06

The cabinet has launched but it's not serving all lines unfortunately. While there are quite a few lines that can get efibre from it there are still quite a few more that can't - On an official capacity eir cannot guarantee efibre and there's no universal obligation ruling that it has to be supplied although obviously we would like to maximise it's reach and not leave people left out.

Ultimately eir do not offer internal details on eirs infrastructural plans to offer reasoning on why it's not available to some lines - although I can confirm that within the next 12 months there are plans to add to the cabinet thus enabling more lines for eFibre.  I genuinely do understand your frustration with this and I can only image how neglectful this may seem however I can only draw back to my previous points made and express my sincere apologies that I can't offer you better news.

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    I appreciate your professional and honest reply.
    "Within the next 12 months" - I have to say though that you have all but reduced me to tears with that line. I'll spare you the details of why i desperately need the connection for the sake of the development of my youngest child.
    Suffice to say i can't understand how Eir could make the investment of a new cabinet, rolling out ~5km of fibre to the exchange and replacing many poles in the process and then having what sounds like a capacity problem from day 1.
    Anyway, its now landed back on the table of the local politician who claimed credit in local papers last August with an article of how he negotiated priority etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Midlands2011

I'm getting 43mb down and 16 up and I'm 1.5km from cab. I got a line ran to house.

Thanks Alan.
    "Within the next 12 months" - I have to say though that you have all but reduced me to tears with that line. I'll spare you the details of why i desperately need the connection for the sake of the development of my youngest child.
    Suffice to say i can't understand how Eir could make the investment of a new cabinet, rolling out ~5km of fibre to the exchange and replacing many poles in the process and then having what sounds like a capacity problem from day 1.
    Anyway, its now landed back on the table of the local politician who claimed credit in local papers last August with an article of how he negotiated priority etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Midlands2011

If you are local then you will know the local engineer in MT for Open Eir. I suggest you talk to him he sorted me out in a few days b4 Xmas.

I'm getting 43mb down and 16 up and I'm 1.5km from cab. I got a line ran to house.

• Advertisement

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

Cheers
    Al
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    No worries blast06

Al
    Hi Alan,

Many thanks again,
    John
    Hi blast06

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    Thanks for your understanding blast06

Genuinely sorry I can't offer you better news

Al

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

Cheers
    Al
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    No worries blast06

Al
    Hi Alan,

Many thanks again,
    John
    Hi blast06

Al
    Thanks Alan.

Al
    Hi Alan,
    An update! .... i discussed with an Eir engineer early last week and he agreed (as a favour - i 'half' know him) to check the reasoning behind why i was unable to avail of Eir (he couldn't understand why not). He got back to me on Thursday and indicated that my number (090-6448792) was not mapped correctly in Eir's system (mine was 'mapped directly to Moate rather than the cabinet'). He fixed this and said it should be reflected in the sales systems in a few days. I check the website this morning and the Eir checker said i am now available for upgrade .... Eureka !!! ..... However, when i rang the sales team they still said 'No' !! Any ideas ?

Also, a number of my neighbours are in the same boat re availability .... i wonder if this number mapping problem is broader than just me ?!

Midlands2011 ..... just saw your message now!! Yes, you got me ..... i never noticed i included my name :-) ... Wireless option from 3 or any other supplier isn't an option (have checked them all). Its one of the downsides of having a very well insulated house!! Thanks.

Cheers.

Hi blast06

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Cheers
    Hi blast06

Cheers
    Al
    Cheers.
    Hi blast06

Al
    Thanks Alan.
    No worries blast06

Al
    Hi Alan,

Many thanks again,
    John
    Hi blast06

Al
    Thanks Alan.

Al
    Hi Alan,
    An update! .... i discussed with an Eir engineer early last week and he agreed (as a favour - i 'half' know him) to check the reasoning behind why i was unable to avail of Eir (he couldn't understand why not). He got back to me on Thursday and indicated that my number (090-6448792) was not mapped correctly in Eir's system (mine was 'mapped directly to Moate rather than the cabinet'). He fixed this and said it should be reflected in the sales systems in a few days. I check the website this morning and the Eir checker said i am now available for upgrade .... Eureka !!! ..... However, when i rang the sales team they still said 'No' !! Any ideas ?

Also, a number of my neighbours are in the same boat re availability .... i wonder if this number mapping problem is broader than just me ?!

Midlands2011 ..... just saw your message now!! Yes, you got me ..... i never noticed i included my name :-) ... Wireless option from 3 or any other supplier isn't an option (have checked them all). Its one of the downsides of having a very well insulated house!! Thanks.

Cheers.
    Hi blast06

Feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll check availability

Al

Advertisement