Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Track Day Insurance

• 24-07-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Was talking to the lad in MCE yesterday at Mondello after the track day where he was saying that as of from the 1st of August 2014, all MCE insurance policies ( I am assuming comprehensive, although he did not specify) come with full track day insurance for your bike as standard at no extra cost!!!! :eek:

I think it is a fabulous idea, for lads who wanna do a track day and have the fear of god in them they will bin the pride and joy (like myself). Apparently what "Some" lads do is bin the bike in Mondello and wheel it outside and say they crashed it on the road.....LMAO :pac::pac:

So fair play to MCE Insurance for taking this step hopefully its not hidden into the cost of the policy (I have found them dearer then other over the last 2 yrs) and others take note and offer the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yes, I heard about that last month, in the U.K. at least. It is indeed all comprehensive policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yes, I heard about that last month, in the U.K. at least. It is indeed all comprehensive policies.

Well he was very clear its in Ireland, but at least we know its fully comp. only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Never done a track day and I'm not insured with MCE so doesn't really apply to me but I wonder is it just road bikes they are covering - or could someone have a purpose track bike and get it insured for the track?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Vikings wrote: »
    Never done a track day and I'm not insured with MCE so doesn't really apply to me but I wonder is it just road bikes they are covering - or could someone have a purpose track bike and get it insured for the track?
    Pure speculation here, but I'd say no. I'd say MCE have a limit on the number of track days a year to cover this. Handy feature to have on your policy though. I can drive any bike that's not mine, that's another handy feature

But what's the story with track bikes? Do people insure them at all, or is it every man for himself on the track? Same with road racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

No MCE will cover your road bike as per normal but if you bin it on a track day they will cover that aswell. No track only bikes......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

The excess on the policy is 50% of the value of the bike and includes personal injury cover aswell , not a bad option in fairness , better than nowt .

Advertisement