Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Dublin Rent - €1,200-1,400 1-bed apartment?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

MouseTail wrote: »
    I agree, we have a class system, less historical than our neighbours in the UK, and certainly more fluid, but we definitely have a strata.

Many people from rural Ireland will have observed the local doctor, solicitor or bank manager being treated differently. Class system, right there.

Thankfully, ours isn't as pronounced as in the UK. A friend of mine studied medicine in London and she couldn't believe how open people were about questioning what kind of school you went to (private, grammar, comprehensive). Yeah, there's private schools here but not as many, and I know in my case, at my bogstandard community school, there was a fair few wealthy kids attending. It's just not as big a deal here but there's a subtle class system, definitely. Look at how trades are looked down on, despite many tradesmen being smarter than some professionals out there.

Advertisement