Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

1196197198199200202»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Corholio wrote: »
    What's the point of this?

Was thinking the same, just being petty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

And stupid.

"Look how crap he is! Bet he wishes he was playing for Ireland!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Replacing Gollini with a keeper with even less experience? ****ing ridiculous. Is it just because he's English? Biggest mistake Bruce has made.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

2 Wins out of 34 matches away from home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I just can't fathom how Bruce has decided to switch to a system that removes the need for one of our most effective players in Adomah, and absolutely necessitates the inclusion of one of the worst, most rash centre backs I've ever seen in Tommy Elphick.

We have 3 CBs in our squad, one of them is absolutely muck, and we're now moving to a system with 3 CBs (he has said in an interview after the game that he's going to persevere with the system). Anyone have any idea what Bruce is even considering? His record per game is almost as bad as Di Matteo's now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

I thought there were a lot of positives about last night. We looked much better. Grealish and Johnstone made individual errors that cost the game. Their keeper was top notch yesterday. If we had 8 shots on target exactly like tonight we'd hit 3 or 4. First time I've seen Hogan and he is decent on the ball and has pace.

I think the new system will work. The big loser will be Adomoh who has played well, but Grealish needs to be dropped. Hope the Gil deal doesn't go through. His lack of pace and strength was always going to hinder him but he always worked and watching him in Spain a few times, he's a far better player than Grealish ever will be.

We're 2 draws and 5 defeats from the last 7 games. Finding it extremely difficult to be positive about anything right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

CSF wrote: »
    We're 2 draws and 5 defeats from the last 7 games. Finding it extremely difficult to be positive about anything right now.

Yeah I feel the same now, so so depressing.

Finding it extremely difficult to be positive about anything right now.
    Liverpool lost to Hull yesterday

Finding it extremely difficult to be positive about anything right now.
    Liverpool lost to Hull yesterday
    I don't follow

• Advertisement

I don't follow

A positive considering a lot of Irish people are Liverpool fans and a lot of them were on their high horse this year about them gonna win the Premiership, clutching at straws but you have to find amusement somewhere plus Palace & Benteke got a good hammering aswell :)

Reading a stat that we haven't won a single game without Jedinak in the lineup.

Granted I haven't fact checked this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Reading a stat that we haven't won a single game without Jedinak in the lineup.

Granted I haven't fact checked this.

We've won very few WITH Jedinak in the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

I live in hope that we'll win a game in 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Closing this thread to start a new one as its gone over 10k posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement