Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag science folder question

• 24-07-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Stupid question, but does anyone know what the average is for the AG science folder mark wise? And how many experiments do we need per section in the folder (E.g. do we only need one for soil, one for microbiology or 2 for both?). I figured if I get only 100 marks in my actual written then 60 in the folder Ill pass by the skin of my teeth, the written was fairly horrible :Z hope the marking scheme wont be too bad this year for AG and Bio!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/LC_Ag_Science_2010.pdf

The chief examiners report has details of the number of each grade achieved in the practical work, looks like average is about 75% (I have no idea how many marks are going for the practical though) if that helps

No clue on the experiments- never did the subject, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

It says we only need 1 experiment per section but our teacher said we need two or three so I only have one per question so she better not mark me down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Badwulf wrote: »
    It says we only need 1 experiment per section but our teacher said we need two or three so I only have one per question so she better not mark me down

The requirements changed slightly this year. In the sections where you are marked out of 10: Soil, ecology, plant physiology you need a minimum of 3 experiments, for the 5 mark ones you need a minimum of 2: animal physiology, genetics and microbiology.

She'd be perfectly entitled to mark you down as she gave you the correct guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Thanks for clearing that up, I had 3 experiments for some parts but only one for others so we will see how it goes, as long as I get 60 for the folder ill be happy :)

Advertisement