Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account

Options
  • 24-07-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

How do I go about closing my current account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

A quick Google search was all that was needed.

Post#2
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056594162

Basically get in contact with your local branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Irish Blaine,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear that you wish to close your account. 

You can close your account in two ways:

You can call into your branch with photo identification such as a passport or driving license, and request that your account is closed. 

Alternatively you can close your account by written request and post this letter to your branch (we cannot accept a request by email or fax to close an account). Please include in this letter, your banking details, contact number and signature. 

If you have funds left in your account please include in your letter what way you wish the funds to be transferred to you. If you would like a bank draft, please advise your branch who to make this payable to. For an electronic payment we will need banking details, i.e. account number, sort code, IBAN and BIC, name on account and bank name and address.

Please note that if you are set up for eStatements online, before closing account, please revert back to paper statements if you would like to receive your closing statement in the post. Also, you could download and save a copy of all your eStatements in pdf if you would like to retain these for future use. Once the account is closed by your branch, you will not have access to Bank of Ireland 365 Online. 

You can find the contact details for your branch here

I hope this helps, please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement