Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin house prices rise nearly 25% in 12 months

Options
  • 24-07-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/dublin-house-prices-rise-nearly-25-in-12-months-1.1876799
    House prices in Dublin are now 42.7 per cent lower than at their highest level in early 2007. Apartments in the capital are 50.5 per cent lower than they were in February 2007.

The price of residential properties in the Rest of Ireland is 45.8 per cent lower than their highest level in September 2007. Overall, the national index is 43.4 per cent lower than its highest level in 2007.

No end in sight for Dublin price rises. I still think there will be a slow down towards the end of the year. The rest of the country is playing catch up at this stage.

What are your predictions for year end December 2013/ December 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The free Northside paper that gets dropped round had a story that the government are looking at affordable housing again. I remember during the bust commentators said this fueled the boom by allowing people to buy property they could not afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Potatoeman wrote: »
    The free Northside paper that gets dropped round had a story that the government are looking at affordable housing again. I remember during the bust commentators said this fueled the boom by allowing people to buy property they could not afford.

The government having a knee jerk reaction is never going to end well. Its like policy is decided on a monday morning while reading the red tops.

Advertisement