Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat collar camera aka Catcam

• 24-07-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi

Has anybody used a catcam? I'm interested in buying one for a laugh (but genuinely want to see what my cat is up to when he's out) but not sure if they are just gimmicky or it actually works like the one I saw in one of the BBC panorama shows.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Was also going to post about this, did you get one in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

I bought a cat cam for my own cat off ebay, the PussyCam I think it was, but was held up at customs?, is there a legal issue over cats using a camera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭gigglemuch82

cubix wrote: »
    Was also going to post about this, did you get one in the end?

No I did some research on Amazon and found all of them to be very substandard. Couldn't find one that I liked

Was hopping to get something reasonable priced as I am sure it will get lost at some point. Would be like a video diary where she goes and who's house she gets into at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

wazky wrote: »
    I bought a cat cam for my own cat off ebay, the PussyCam I think it was, but was held up at customs?, is there a legal issue over cats using a camera?

you ordered an item called 'Pussycam' and are wondering why customs stopped it :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Surprised that wasn't sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

I have internal CCTV in my granny's house so we can check in on our phones on her during the day. My dog keeps her company while I'm at work so I get to check in on her. Usually she's just pottering around but one day before Xmas she took a cardboard box package that was delivered by the postman from the kitchen table and proceeded to open it and scatter the cardboard everywhere. She also was caught decorating with a bit of wall removal diy! Chewing away to leave a wedge missing. It's frustrating watching without being able to do anything, I rang the house phone to distract her but that didn't work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

minipink wrote: »
    I have internal CCTV in my granny's house so we can check in on our phones on her during the day. My dog keeps her company while I'm at work so I get to check in on her. Usually she's just pottering around but one day before Xmas she took a cardboard box package that was delivered by the postman from the kitchen table and proceeded to open it and scatter the cardboard everywhere. She also was caught decorating with a bit of wall removal diy! Chewing away to leave a wedge missing. It's frustrating watching without being able to do anything, I rang the house phone to distract her but that didn't work!

I thought you were talking about your granny for a min there and not the dog...at least I hope it wasn't your granny lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭gigglemuch82

My cat goes out during the afternoon and sometimes at night so an internal CCTV wouldn't really do much for him. He usually sleeps on my bed when he's inside anyways! :P

Anybody with experience in catcams? I remember BBC Horizon did a show on it in the past and their cat camera was of a real good quality I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

Hehe! She gets up to a host of naughty stuff she should not be doing too, biscuit tin raids, climbing the stairs not using the stairs lift and the list goes on - such a dare devil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

This one ? http://www.amazon.co.uk/g-paws-00100-G-Paws-Data-Recorder/dp/B009VU82R8
    Looks cool - it records on the device, so you are relying on the cat coming back to see where they have been. But good to establish their hang outs and routine, so if they get missing you have a much better idea where to look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

morgana wrote: »
    This one ? http://www.amazon.co.uk/g-paws-00100-G-Paws-Data-Recorder/dp/B009VU82R8
    Looks cool - it records on the device, so you are relying on the cat coming back to see where they have been. But good to establish their hang outs and routine, so if they get missing you have a much better idea where to look.

Is that just a GPS data recorder? Not a camera?

Advertisement