Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband slow down

Options
  • 24-07-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Been on to tech support for a week now about broadband been bad, blaming router its my own less than year old tp-link TD-W8980. Was due a tech visit to look at line, was not done instead daughter answered phone to engineer to be told line was fine, no visit. This morning rang again speed was 192 download uploading at 384. Solution drop my line from almost 4meg to 2 meg. Now i get a text so say its fixed. 
    What is going on please ? Can this be sorted ? I was getting upto 3.5m until about a month ago now random disconnects. 
    Reference for support calls if you need it is 1503027 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

raytaxi wrote: »
    Been on to tech support for a week now about broadband been bad, blaming router its my own less than year old tp-link TD-W8980. Was due a tech visit to look at line, was not done instead daughter answered phone to engineer to be told line was fine, no visit. This morning rang again speed was 192 download uploading at 384. Solution drop my line from almost 4meg to 2 meg. Now i get a text so say its fixed. 
    What is going on please ? Can this be sorted ? I was getting upto 3.5m until about a month ago now random disconnects. 
    Hi raytaxi

Can you please PM me your landline number? I'll look in to this and get back to you as soon as I have some form of clarification & more information.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Hi raytaxi

Can you please PM me your landline number? I'll look in to this and get back to you as soon as I have some form of clarification & more information.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan just an update for you. New modem has arrived and tech support got my line up to 4 mb so big improvement so far. Just another question for you I am on asdl 1 and the exchange has asdl 2 how do i go about getting up grade ? Customer services say they don't know and it can't be done :-( 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi raytaxi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan just an update for you. New modem has arrived and tech support got my line up to 4 mb so big improvement so far. Just another question for you I am on asdl 1 and the exchange has asdl 2 how do i go about getting up grade ? Customer services say they don't know and it can't be done :-( 

Hi raytaxi

ADSL2 is only available to line which can support over 8MB speeds. Adsl2 signifies speeds which range from 8MB to 24MB and although your exchange supports this this is unavailable to lines which are at a distance to far to support such speeds as you line is. The max speed your line can support is up to 4MB due to it's distance from the exchange.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement