Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

honda goldwing aspencade

• 24-07-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

hi all , my dad has a 1980 Honda goldwing aspencade in the shed for the last few years now and he asked me to see about selling it because he never uses it and its a shame to have it sitting in the shed , its 1980 and its still on a northern plate but i have made a few en queries and its free to vrt it , it needs a battery , we had it running two weeks ago and its a bit lumpy on tick over so im thinking carbs need tuning or balancing from lying up , hes asking €1300 for it , if you know anyone that's interested you can contact me on 0877437783 for more information or email me on terrybaker63@gmail.com for pictures and more details , genuine people only please , we wont tolerate messers ,

done deal ad here ,

http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-goldwing-aspencade/7109477

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Pretty sure this thread will be deleted but you should really vrt it and stick in a battery. It'll cost next to nothing and improve your chances of shifting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

It says on the ad:
    "no TT mad Sunday merchants or joey dunlop wannabes please"

I've never met a Joey Dunlop wannabe. Have ye?
    Also, who in the name of jaysus is going to take that thing out on mad sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

HamSambo wrote: »
    Also, who in the name of jaysus is going to take that thing out on mad sunday?

this lad :)

"The pic is from the 1976 Formula One TT at the gruelling Isle of Man TT circuit, were, in the hands of Hugh Evans, "..it astounded the critics by turning in 90mph laps with a top speed around 155mph (!).."

22NBA0f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I shifted a 1983 pretty close to the same condition and only got 600lids for it. It ran, had new tyres and was serviced. Even had a Roadrunner mud flap.... thought that was at least worth another 100 but no.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Quebec Delta Mike

Hi,

You could try and contact the Goldwing Owners Club of Ireland (GWOCI), some of the members service and restore old Wings, they might be interested.

http://www.goldwingireland.com/forums/

As was suggested, you should VRT it, put an Irish reg on her, put in a new battery, and...give her a wash and polish...you might stand some chance of selling her...:)

QDM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

sold , best of luck to the new owner

Advertisement