Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney - Recommend Hotel or B&B?

Options
  • 24-07-2014 4:32pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend places to stay in Killarney? I want to do two nights - probably in two different places. Maybe one night in the town, and another in the countryside. Hoping someone can tell me where is good but not expensive?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I've stayed in both the Killarney Towers and the Arbutus and would recommend both :)

I'd recommend popping out to somewhere like Kate Kearney's Cottage for lunch, it's at the Gap of Dunloe - a lovely area to take a walk into the Black Valley (last place to be connected to electricity in Ireland!).

It might be nice to stay in Kenmare for a night also, a great place again for food/drinks - always a lovely vibe in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭redrums

for staying in centre of killarney have to be the ross hotel or the plaza like both myself

for outside killarney try the Europe for bit of luxury or the lakeside hotel which is quiet nice as well

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For a place in the countryside, check out Friar's Glen Guesthouse in Muckross.

I stayed there a few years ago & it was cracking.

Advertisement