Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a suit in Dublin??

Options
  • 24-07-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm going to Dublin on Saturday looking to buy a suit for the Galway Races (starting Monday), its my first suit and I'm only 17 so my budget isnt that big. If anyone can suggest any good shops in Dublin City Centre where I could purchase a suit I would be much obliged. Cost is the most important factor, the cheaper the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What sort of budget are you looking at? You could get a basic off the shelf job of a jacket and trousers from somewhere like Penneys for about €50 then it basically goes up from there to as much as you want to spend! There's a good few sales on right now so its worth looking in the high street shops might find something you like there that is a little more interesting for not too much more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Marks and Spencer have good value suits. A cheaper suit with alterations will make it look 1000 times better! Can we worth bring it to a tailor to get it fitted if it doesn't fit just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Brown Thomas have a great range. Hugo boss, Paul smith, kooples, Gucci etc. you can't go wrong there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Brown Thomas have a great range. Hugo boss, Paul smith, kooples, Gucci etc. you can't go wrong there

Learn to read

OP - go to Burtons or Top Man in the Jervis Centre. Can't go wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Learn to read

What was wrong with the post Brown Thomas do have a great range of suits and are great to buy suits from. Just because it the ops first suit doesn't mean they can't afford a suit from brown Thomas as suits are an investment and last for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Louis Copeland has some end of line suits in their sale for 99 . You never know your luck OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What was wrong with the post Brown Thomas do have a great range of suits and are great to buy suits from. Just because it the ops first suit doesn't mean they can't afford a suit from brown Thomas as suits are an investment and last for years.
    The OP said the cheaper the better, how much does a Gucci suit cost these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Twee. wrote: »
    Marks and Spencer have good value suits. A cheaper suit with alterations will make it look 1000 times better! Can we worth bring it to a tailor to get it fitted if it doesn't fit just right.

I second this - if you can wear off the rail, go for m&s. I have suits from Louis copeland, and they're great and all, but my favourite suits happen to be those I bought from m&s hands down but I'm lucky size-wise. M&s are better for the wallet too!

Edit - just to add is avoid burtons, crap quality, brutal sizes and they don't wear well at all, they get old looking very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Don't bother going up to Dublin city to buy the suit-the sales have been on a while and there is only shoit2 left..

A much better bet is to go to Kildare outlet-very good value and good quality too..Try Ted Baker, Boss and the suit shop opposite Ted Baker.

Go into the visitor centre, tell them your Dad's AA card is at home (Automobile, not alcoholics!) and they give you a discount card for the day (you can also try and tell them that someone else has the discount coupon when you go to pay) and you get an extra 10%-doesn't sound much but its the cost of a shirt or tie!

Enjoy! Still remember the day I got my first proper suit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Learn to read

Burtons or Top Man? You want him to look like Bruno Mars?! Pure polyester tripe in both shops...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Advertisement