Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frost stat outdoor oil burner

Options
  • 24-07-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all am adding a frost stat to my outdoor oil burner to protect the burner only, wondering where are these mounted usually are they just left inside the burner?? Any help would be appreciated , also they are just standard plastic white ones like room thermostats ? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

What is the reason for the frost stat. What do you want it to do exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

I usually fit them in series with a pipe stat. Have the pipe stat on the return pipe set to 35C, that way once the return temperature is at 35C, it will shut off the boiler.

Very important, if the system is fully zoned with a motorised valve on each circuit, including the DHW circuit, make sure there is an automatic bypass valve fitted with the circulating pump in between the ABV & the boiler to create a circuit. The location of which should give as long as possible a run to dissipate heat, ideally in the hot press, thus a long run from the boiler to the ABV.

The location of the frost stat within the "box" is not critical but usually at high level with air circulation allowed to pass around the stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mmurphy1970

Thanks for feedback, I just want to protect the burner, it seems having the frost stat inside the burner is acceptable that's the information I'm looking for?

Advertisement