Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the most obscene song ever?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Cannibal corpse - entrails ripped from a virgins ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

McChubbin wrote: »
    .....the most offensive song known to man?

Thread title asks for "obscene" but your post asks for "offensive".

Writers of truly obscene or offensive songs usually have so little talent that they have to resort to bad taste just to be noticed. Same goes for practically all of the current crop of female "singers" who, while whining repetitive metallic noises, have to perform pole dancing routines without a pole.

While not obscene, for me the most offensive song ever is "White Christmas" by Bing (yes) Bing Bloody Crosby. Written by a true talent but Crosby's tedious and slimy delivery makes my teeth itch. Hitting the wrong note and sliding into the right note was called "crooning" but I have a different word for it. Unfortunately, that word IS obscene and, if I even wrote it down, I'd have to go to confession!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Every English person I've met hates that song as well... :p What a stupid, stupid anthem.
    The Jazz version isn't bad, though. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭KahBoom

In the US in the 80's there was a big uproar over explicit lyrics, with politicians trying to get them censored, and Frank Zappa did a good job taking this piss out of them - here was a good part, of a senator reciting some lyrics:

That song probably wins the thread:
    http://www.lyricsdepot.com/the-mentors/golden-showers.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pretty much anything by Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails. But the musics great for working out to.

LOL. There's a cliché I haven't heard since Columbine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

McChubbin wrote: »
    So, good people of AH, what do you consider to be the most offensive song known to man?

Well, to answer the most offensive part first, if the number of people offended is the main criteria for determining that, then it would have to be Blurred Lines, surely, as I can't recall a song seemingly offending more people than that did. Much different than Relax had, as that was really just people like Mary Whitehouse getting offended on other people's behalf more than anything else, but Blurred Lines seemed to really offend people directly, which I still can't fathom just why.

As I was growing up I can remember much hoopla about about a half dozen or so songs (which I think the days of that happening are long gone) but George Michael's I Want Your Sex seemed to offend a lot of people as too did Madonna's Justify My Love because of the line 'Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another which people claimed was contributing to a 'rape culture' (but the reaction was mainly down to the video, which I think I recall wearing out the rewind/pause/play buttons on my old VCR from watching it on a constant loop for a whole summer). Indeed, I recall the Vatican trying to get one of her concerts cancelled the day it was due to take place. If only Owen Keegan had of been head of the Rome City Council at the time, they may have succeeded.

Ozzy's Suicide Solution caused mayhem stateside. Parents sued him after their sons had apparently committed suicide and I briefly remember watching new reports on it back then were the prosecution were suggesting that Ozzy had put subliminal messages on the records (that could be heard if you played them backwards) which instructed kids to take take their lives. Middle America lapped it all up. I was a major metal head back then and so I had a lot of the stuff that was deemed most offensive at the time. WASP's Animal 12" (F**k Like A Beast) had a artwork that depicted a woman being raped by a dog for example. This was just before the time the Parental Advisory stickers came into effect I also had the original Appetite for Destruction cassette, which showed a woman lying in an alleyway with a alien standing over her suggesting that it had just raped her. Had Scorpion's Virgin Killer album also, and while the lyrics aren't all that offensive, the album cover became offensive in later years as it was a photo of the lead singer's naked daughter, with her genitals only covered by a faux cracked glass effect. Sold it to Freebird for £2 in 93, along with the rest of my Album collection, which they also got for half nothing. NWA's **** the Police was considered major contraband at the time, 2 Live Crew's stuff also. Channel 4's The Word used to play a lot of their tour videos, which would then always make the papers with threats that they show would be taken off the air if they did so again.

With regards to the thread title and "obscene" though, I guess that's more of a personal thing and I have never really found anything to be so shocking that I felt it obscene, expect once and that was without question the band: Rockbitch. They were an all female band that rose to fame in the mid to late 90s. A mate of mine got their live on tour video when in he was in Amsterdam and made copies for anyone that wanted them. I didn't believe what I had been told they contained, thought it was a wind up. This was pre-internet and so to be told women were f**ing each other on stage (and that F word is not fuck, so no idea why I censored it) and p***ing on each other and the crowd also, well, that s*** just had to be seen to be believed. As I watched it I honestly expected the Guards to kick in the door at any second and drag me off with my boxer shorts around my ankles as I plead my innocence. Pure and other obscenity. Although, to be fair to the girls now, they were pagan feminists and so what they were doing was technically a religious ritual and God bless them for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Hard to believe that someone that brought us Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile would also bring us songs such as:

N***** F***** (*NSFW*).

One More Time (song about a girl leaving for college after being sexually abused for years).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Thread needs more Tiger Lillies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Mikey Kittrell- Gingerbread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

To the window.

To the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

emo72 wrote: »
    I vaguely remember "Je Taime, Moi Non Plus" by serge gainsbourg and some heavy breather girl coming on the radio and feeling deeply uncomfortable.

You will all laugh now, but they were much more innocent times.

Except if you can understand French, it's pretty fucckin dirty.
    Has no one mentioned GG Allin yet? Absolute scum of the earth psycho.

He was mentioned, but no one has had the decency to post his finest work

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Thread title asks for "obscene" but your post asks for "offensive".

Writers of truly obscene or offensive songs usually have so little talent that they have to resort to bad taste just to be noticed.

Lol, what does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

..after reading about gg allin's family history,its no surprise he turned out like he did really..i reckon he'd chew wannabes like marilyn manson and spit them out tho..

i remember the Anti Defamation League having a go at FZ for the song Jewish Princess..at least Frank was able to combine obscenity with talent and humour..

Apparently Ronan Keating did a version of Fairytale of New York.....now that's some nasty shizzle right there...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Has anyone mentioned the hedgehog song ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lots of his songs are innuendo based.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Can't remember the name but corus was "wiggle wiggle shake that bum, wiggle wiggle make me cum".
    In a disco is the mid 90's someone said, "when we have kids and are complaining about their music, will we say here listen to this, this is what me and your mum danced to"

Advertisement