Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Ark 'Charity' Collections Limerick.

• 24-07-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I follow Limerick Animal Welfare on social media. There seems to be some scam collectors around Limerick at the moment terming themselves 'Animal Ark' and saying they are collecting for Limerick Animal Welfare. They were mentioned on the Cork bored here too.

From talking to people in the know its not possible they have permits to collect as many days at they do. Research suggested they are an organised gang travelling the country and purporting to collect for the Irish Lung foundation and Animal Ark.

TBH when I saw them I was pretty sure they were not legit.

If you want to donate to Limerick Animal Welfare, do so through their shop in town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yeah, the Ark crowd are scam artists. As far as I know they are only licensed to sell scratch cards not collect money. All charities only have a licence to collect 3 times a year and the Ark crowd seem to be there a few times a week. Their sign is very deceptive as it mentions a sanctuary and at first glance people may think it means the LAW sanctuary. As OP says, drop any donations into the LAW shop and you can be certain it's going to the right place.

Also, apparently Dogs Trust have been going door to door in Limerick claiming that they take dogs for LAW, they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Also if you want more info on Limerick Animal Welfare they have a very active Facebook page.

Advertisement