Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Summerslam 2014 PPV Pre Show Thread*Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The hell?

I suppose it makes sense if you look at it from the perspective that Ambrose wants to get his hands on Rollins and in a Lumberjack match, Rollins will have nowhere to run.

Why not do a cage match in that case though?

Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,757 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The hell?

I suppose it makes sense if you look at it from the perspective that Ambrose wants to get his hands on Rollins and in a Lumberjack match, Rollins will have nowhere to run.

Why not do a cage match in that case though?

Bizarre.
    It makes sense to me, More chance of Ambrose getting screwed and still looking strong this way.

Not a fan of Lumberjacks myself though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It makes sense to me, More chance of Ambrose getting screwed and still looking strong this way.

I was hoping for a
    ladder match with the briefcase on the line instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Probably an excuse to get more people on the show, but lumberjack matches are normally pretty crap. Cage match was the way to go, but they probably want to keep that stip until next PPV when Brock is gone.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Probably an excuse to get more people on the show, but lumberjack matches are normally pretty crap. Cage match was the way to go, but they probably want to keep that stip until next PPV when Brock is gone.
    Im surprised, with all the cutting corners I expected to keep as many people off to keep the PPV pay offs down... But then I remembered there not PPVs anymore and probably dont pay talent as much as a result.

Biggest issues are a Lumberjack match is like something you see on Raw, and the second issue is everyone wants to see these guys batter each other, can they really do that in the confines of the ring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Listened to few podcasts raising a stink over that after stealing the show at Battleground the Usos don't seem to have a place on the Summerslam card and have been a non-entity on TV.

Who wins the Rusev-Swagger Flag Match is another interesting situation. A flag match can be traditionally a way of protecting a heel from losing via a pin or submission and extending the feud for another month. On the other hand Rusev could blast past Swagger and get some real heat waving the Russian Flag in triumph propelling himself to the point he could be an opponent for Cena whether or not Cena loses the title to Brock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Reading spoilers on a tablet is annoying as hell!!!

I'd keep Rusev away from Cena. They are doing a decent job with him but he would be badly exposed against someone like Cena. He is nowhere near that level.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Reading spoilers on a tablet is annoying as hell!!!

I'd keep Rusev away from Cena. They are doing a decent job with him but he would be badly exposed against someone like Cena. He is nowhere near that level.

I love the act but it's ceiling is one month feud with Cena or in a few months time Roman Reign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah I think the only question with Rusev is who beats him first, Cena or Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Swagger goes over Rusev, he has momentum

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Swagger goes over Rusev, he has momentum

He sure is flying high at the moment :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    On Smackdown, they announced that Rollins vs Ambrose will be a....
    Lumberjack Match

:confused:

So Ambrose chose an
    lumberjack match, so all the lumberjacks will be "Authority men" unless Ambrose picks them

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Just wondering what everyone thought about this show. To me I am not that pushed about it except for like a few things.

Cena vs Lesnar looks a great main event on paper but Im just so sick of Cena just get him away from the main event its so stale at the moment. I think Lesnar might bring that injection of life to it but if Cena wins **** me!!!!

Wyatt vs Jericho don't really care first match wasn't great expect more and feel like Wyatt has lost all his momentum since the Cena feud and feel he's not as hot as he was at the start of the year.

Brie vs Stephanie to me is the best built match but don't care too much to actually see it. If they put this much effort into other feuds like they have with this one people would care to watch the product.

Swagger vs Rusev had a decent first match but we all know the result unless they have Swagger win because at least Rusev won't be pinned and then he can get the heat back after the match should be solid.

AJ vs Paige there feud and matches so far nothing to write home about pretty dull and bland if you ask me and just from the way Paige came in won the title straight away then AJ won it back after a few months just feels all wrong to me. Expect a better match then last match but couldn't care less lol

Orton vs Reigns to me could be the hidden Gem of the show, we know Orton is a good worker and can bring guys to good matches but I really want to see a very good to Great match out of Reigns to solidify him as a main event player and I reckon has to go over maybe not clean perhaps so they will continue the feud. Sick of seeing Kane vs Reigns on RAW as well lol

The Miz vs Ziggler didnt we see this match like 4 years ago. These guys seem to have been stuck in midcard hell for years. Miz pushed as WWE champ and main evented a wrestlemania never should have been in that spot so midcard for him is fine. A guy like Ziggler is a main eventer maybe not the cream of the crop but should have been pushed there more. Was super over last year and had a year where he plummeted to lower card losing but now rised back to the midcard should be solid but who cares about the result lol

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins one of the matches I would be most looking forward to but Im not happy with the stipulation. I understand in storyline that Rollins wants to always try get away from Ambrose but this should be a street fight or No DQ match lumberjacks just takes away so much expect a solid match but with a different stip could have stole the show. Really well built as well a little repetitive at times with Ambrose always attacking Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Why do you watch wrestling at all?

• Advertisement

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Why do you watch wrestling at all?

Pretty much a casual fan at this stage and why was my thread put into here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    Pretty much a casual fan at this stage and why was my thread put into here?

probably because 1 Summerslam thread is enough

probably because 1 Summerslam thread is enough

What so boards won't let yo set up multiple threads about the same topic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What so boards won't let yo set up multiple threads about the same topic?

What would be the point in that ?

What would be the point in that ?

Free speech I should be able to start a thread on what I want as long as its nothing bad instead of being forced into another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Free speech I should be able to start a thread on what I want as long as its nothing bad instead of being forced into another thread.

but there is this thread to speak of the exact same subject matter you want to talk about why do you need a new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

but there is this thread to speak of the exact same subject matter you want to talk about why do you need a new one?
    Don't deny my friend free speech. It is his right as an American citizen.

WE THE PEOPLE.

really though mate, wtf are you talking about, just post in this thread and shut up

Ok well I just wanted to start one my bad I guess.

CSF wrote: »
    Don't deny my friend free speech. It is his right as an American citizen.

WE THE PEOPLE.

really though mate, wtf are you talking about, just post in this thread and shut up

Ok mate.

Sup lads

rovert wrote: »
    Sup lads

Not much lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Hi guys, Im actually going to Summerslam. heading over Friday, My first ppv so mega excited. Was thinking of making a sign but my ideas aren't Pg enough tbh. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'll be cheering on Ziggler & Booing Miz & Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hi guys, Im actually going to Summerslam. heading over Friday, My first ppv so mega excited. Was thinking of making a sign but my ideas aren't Pg enough tbh. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'll be cheering on Ziggler & Booing Miz & Cena.

"Down with that sort of thing"

Works in any situation

"Careful now"

Close second

Sirsok wrote: »
    "Down with that sort of thing"

Works in any situation

"Careful now"

Close second

Actually had them at smackdown in may ha ;)

Cool you are going must be super expensive with everything like 5k ish. Make some edge signs on the back of PG ones might as well :)

• Advertisement

Cool you are going must be super expensive with everything like 5k ish. Make some edge signs on the back of PG ones might as well :)

Not too expensive. got a package which covered hotel & front row tick. flights were about 700, altogether cost i think about 1700/1800 ish!

Not too expensive. got a package which covered hotel & front row tick. flights were about 700, altogether cost i think about 1700/1800 ish!

Jeepers really alot cheaper then I thought. Hope the show ends up really good and enjoy your time.

Jeepers really alot cheaper then I thought. Hope the show ends up really good and enjoy your time.

Thanks. the package includes a breakfast with a meet & greet. And a VIP party before the show again with wwe stars though you don't find out who they are til they turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am very disappointed that Ambrose vs. Rollins is a lumberjack match though, the match should be a street fight or a ladder match for MITB briefcase.

Thanks. the package includes a breakfast with a meet & greet. And a VIP party before the show again with wwe stars though you don't find out who they are til they turn up.

Thats some package then who would you really like to meet like a top 3-5 guys/ girls you wanna meet on the trip hope its not going to be all NXT guys or WWE jobbers lol

mxph3 wrote: »
    I am very disappointed that Ambrose vs. Rollins is a lumberjack match though, the match should be a street fight or a ladder match for MITB briefcase.

I agree I put that in the thread can't understand why they done that. I mean I know why because Rollins runs away so why not make it a cage then if you don't want him to escape. But agree with you a good old street fight or No DQ match would have done the job totally. Then something like a ladder match for the MITB briefcase is like 3rd or 4th on matches to do. I think the main event might turn out like a street fight like the 2012 Extreme Rules match they had.

These things have a high enough success rate IMO, imagine someone posted a rumour that Brock was to break the streak, or a more specific one, that Rollins was to heelturn after Payback or whichever PPV it was.

I'd have been raged to have either of those ruined on me with a rumour.

To be honest I think it was just a pure marketing ploy by WWE to have the streak end at WM30 to try get a tonne of media buzz and maybe even try shift the WWE Network. You look at the WWE2k14 video game and they had defeat or defend the streak on that game as a side game to the 30 years of wrestle mania. And the fact the brought out 200 dollar plaques after mania to sell with limited edition only 500. Its annoying with spoilers but the match they had at mania sucked and didn't care or wasn't too shock when the streak ended believe its pretty over rated tbh.

SummerSlam: Lumberjack match - Rollins wins

Night of Champions: No DQ or street fight match - Rollins wins

Hell in a Cell: Hell in a Cell match - Ambrose wins to end the feud

That's how I would book the rest of this feud.

It sucks alright but I have confidence in those two, crowd will be red hot for it.

I think they'll overcome the ****ty stip and have an awesome match.

I expect Rollins to win in a screwy fashion even though I strongly feel Ambrose needs a big win.

• Advertisement

SummerSlam: Lumberjack match - Rollins wins

Night of Champions: No DQ or street fight match - Rollins wins

Hell in a Cell: Hell in a Cell match - Ambrose wins to end the feud

That's how I would book the rest of this feud.

Maybe the first has to end dodgy and Rollins wins by cheating I like the thought of a 3 PPV
    feud dunno if WWE will do 3 and finish it in a Cell maybe they will so you want or think Rollins will come out winning 2-1 from this feud?

It sucks alright but I have confidence in those two, crowd will be red hot for it.

I think they'll overcome the ****ty stip and have an awesome match.

I expect Rollins to win in a screwy fashion even though I strongly feel Ambrose needs a big win.

I think this will be just a set up for down the line for there 2nd and maybe even 3rd match.

I really feel Ambrose needs to be winning.

Ambrose winning leading to Rollins going off the rails as a result, leading to him agreeing to a match for the briefcase which Ambrose wins.

If you're gonna make a star out of a guy who isn't already a star, then it doesn't do well to have him trading wind.

Put a rocket under Ambrose and watch him take off Daniel Bryan style. He is the sort of guy the WWE fans would be dying to get behind.

Ambrose winning leading to Rollins going off the rails as a result, leading to him agreeing to a match for the briefcase which Ambrose wins.

If you're gonna make a star out of a guy who isn't already a star, then it doesn't do well to have him trading wind.

Put a rocket under Ambrose and watch him take off Daniel Bryan style. He is the sort of guy the WWE fans would be dying to get behind.

My sentiments exactly. Losing at Summerslam would damage Ambrose and given the show is going to end with a heel standing over a beaten babyface, Ambrose and Reigns logically should be winning.

Rollins has a lot less to gain by winning Sunday. I think he'll win though in a screwy finish and Ambrose will batter him after the match.

My sentiments exactly. Losing at Summerslam would damage Ambrose and given the show is going to end with a heel standing over a beaten babyface, Ambrose and Reigns logically should be winning.

Rollins has a lot less to gain by winning Sunday. I think he'll win though in a screwy finish and Ambrose will batter him after the match.

Reigns v Orton I find difficult to call

I like Ambrose more than Rollins since Ambrose has been the star of the show on RAW for the past couple of weeks, but I think Rollins should win to have a reason to continue the feud after SummerSlam.

I just have that mentality where a heel should win a match in order for the feud to continue for next PPV sort like Swagger vs. Russev, if Swagger won his match with Rusev at Battleground there would be no reason to continue the feud afterwards.

• Advertisement

I like Ambrose more than Rollins since Ambrose has been the star of the show on RAW for the past couple of weeks, but I think Rollins should win to have a reason to continue the feud after SummerSlam.

I just have that mentality where a heel should win a match in order for the feud to continue for next PPV sort like Swagger vs. Russev, if Swagger won his match with Rusev at Battleground there would be no reason to continue the feud afterwards.

Not Necessarily , Swagger could have won and Rusev attack him the next night to continue the feud.

Not Necessarily , Swagger could have won and Rusev attack him the next night to continue the feud.

Exactly. There's a lot wrong with the sometimes very obvious notion that a prolonged feud doesn't end until the face wins.

Thats some package then who would you really like to meet like a top 3-5 guys/ girls you wanna meet on the trip hope its not going to be all NXT guys or WWE jobbers lol

I'm a NXT fan so I'd be happy with nxt guys! I like Ziggler Bo Sandow Ambrose.

So you wanna see the briefcase switch hands then? Im not too sure about that maybe you go that route, so Im guessing you think Ambrose is the bigger star?

I'm a NXT fan so I'd be happy with nxt guys! I like Ziggler Bo Sandow Ambrose.

Well your not too bad then if its not someone like a Cena or Orton then you might get to meet more of the guys you want.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement