Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macnean House

• 24-07-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Heading off here in a few weeks.
    Its a Saturday night and reservations dont come easy, its been booked for about 6 months or so. Really looking forward to it !!!

Anyone been? Enjoy it?

Did you go out in Blacklion after or stay there for a few drinks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Going out in Blacklion? BYOB Is nothing in the place bar McNeans.

There a few years ago & was amazing. Personally I find Nevin as annoying as hell, luckily there was no sign of him on the night. Food was amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ha ha oh right. I just assumed there'd be a few pubs in the village!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Went there a few years ago. I loved the food and the atmosphere. It was lunch so cant comment on the nightlife
    in Blacklion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,484 ✭✭✭✭Alun

LCD wrote: »
    Going out in Blacklion? BYOB Is nothing in the place bar McNeans.
    I've never been, but ...

http://www.blacklion.ie/index.php/local-information/pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fat laura

We aren't long back after out trip to McNeans. We had a brilliant time. Food was amazing. Fleeting greeting from the man himself. Thoroughly enjoyed our night there.

There are about 3 local bars all on the same little street. We visited them all, found the locals very friendly and had a great time in the pub directly across from McNeans. Great live music.

You'll have a great time. Enjoy x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

We had the later sitting and stayed in the bar after having a couple of drinks before heading to bed to have a brandy nightcap. Food is amazing.

The alcoholic in me went for the early sitting so i could have a few pints a porter afterwards :)

Next saturday actually, cant wait !!

Wow. Just wow.

I've been to every Michelin starred place in Dublin, but Macnean House topped them all.
    What an unbelievable experience.

Advertisement