Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/5 (Social Rugby) Season 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

blackwhite wrote: »
    Clondalkin v RCSI in Div 11 was called off as well.

Maybe pitch issues?

RCSI have called off a few games though so the division 11 game could be their fault as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Clondalkin beat Suttonians j2's 23-0 in Kingswood on Saturday, so the pitches must have been playable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

stephen_n wrote: »
    You should just play in bubble wrap ffs you nordies seem to be made of glass!

I'm telling on you.

I never said I stopped playing, I've only not played about 60 minutes of rugby in the league for the past 2 seasons, and that was all from one game....and we both know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

cloneslad wrote: »
    I'm telling on you.

I never said I stopped playing, I've only not played about 60 minutes of rugby in the league for the past 2 seasons, and that was all from one game....and we both know why.

You know it's bad when you're getting less game time than me.

.ak wrote: »
    You know it's bad when you're getting less game time than me.

Ha, I've played every game this season.....I went to watch your match against stillorgan two weeks ago and I got prob spent more time on the pitch than you when I did touch judge for 15 mins and had to go to the posts for conversions. I think I touched the ball more than you too.

• Advertisement

Ha, I've played every game this season.....I went to watch your match against stillorgan two weeks ago and I got prob spent more time on the pitch than you when I did touch judge for 15 mins and had to go to the posts for conversions. I think I touched the ball more than you too.

Very defensive! Must be some truth in what I said. ;)

Very defensive! Must be some truth in what I said. ;)

If only my defence was as strong and committed on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

If only my defence was as strong and committed on the pitch

.ak for prop next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

i think if ye did he could genuinely get hurt, hell id pay to see it lol

i think if ye did he could genuinely get hurt, hell id pay to see it lol

Simple, all we need is a mycharity page and once a fundraising goal is reached he gets put in at prop. Tarf and boardsies alike would enter!

We wouldnt really do that to you .ak. Or would we?

• Advertisement

Isn't prop just a lazier hooker? I could totally do that.

Isn't prop just a lazier hooker? I could totally do that.

Other adjectives I could use to describe but will go with your one on this. :D

Did he forget to mention that it's uncontested scrums only though? :rolleyes: that'd be a sight to behold.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Did he forget to mention that it's uncontested scrums only though? :rolleyes: that'd be a sight to behold.

Ah yes the uncontested scrums, forgot about them.

Well they obviously couldn't be contested, I'm a very destructive scrummager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I didn't want to say anything but I was wondering how you scrummaged. You're like 10 stone soaking wet.

I wasn't even throwing, so basically I was a prop. :pac:

Teferi wrote: »
    I didn't want to say anything but I was wondering how you scrummaged. You're like 10 stone soaking wet.

I know a front row forward who weighs about 10 stone and contested scrums this season. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Terenure vs Mary's kicks off tomorrow at the same time as the Leinster match. Someone in the branch is taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Terenure vs Mary's kicks off tomorrow at the same time as the Leinster match. Someone in the branch is taking the piss.
    Up to clubs to look for a change if ye really wanted it. Everyone I assume would want it changed from referee to players to coaches.

• Advertisement

Up to clubs to look for a change if ye really wanted it. Everyone I assume would want it changed from referee to players to coaches.

I would have assumed the same but it hasn't come to pass. The teams are so close you could kick off early without much bother. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Terenure have a limited number of pitches and a lot of teams playing on them so a switch might not have been possible. No floodlights there IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The scheduling tomorrow is a joke there is even AIL games clashing, wouldn't have happened if Leinster were home and it might have cost them some gate receipts.

salmocab wrote: »
    The scheduling tomorrow is a joke there is even AIL games clashing, wouldn't have happened if Leinster were home and it might have cost them some gate receipts.
    Its up to clubs to look for an alternative and agree on a change. If Leinster/Munster etc clash with a clubs game they should look to play under lights/change day if pitch available..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Its up to clubs to look for an alternative and agree on a change. If Leinster/Munster etc clash with a clubs game they should look to play under lights/change day if pitch available..

But the problem there is getting a time that suits both teams with possibly some sneaky games manship going on for selection reasons especially around now when leagues are coming to an end. Really for big games the branch should have sorted the fixtures out.

salmocab wrote: »
    But the problem there is getting a time that suits both teams with possibly some sneaky games manship going on for selection reasons especially around now when leagues are coming to an end. Really for big games the branch should have sorted the fixtures out.
    What more do you want the branch to do? Well that's just an issue you would have to deal with. Fixtures set for times they are always set for and up to clubs to decide if there should be a change from the norm or not

Personally, I feel that for Metro League division 10 matches, Leinster and Wasps should've agreed to move their fixtures.

I take it all back, that was an amazing game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Blizzards

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I take it all back, that was an amazing game :D

How did your div 8 team do today???

• Advertisement

Blizzards wrote: »
    How did your div 8 team do today???

I think they got a walkover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Guinness appear to have dropped out of Div 7, so there's only 6 teams in it now.

gaius c wrote: »
    Divs 10 and 11 are beginner leagues and coming up against professional strongmen shouldn't really be on the menu.

P.S. especially if there's complaints being made about the composition of other teams.

Talking about div 10 standard, Kilkenny have posted two very big scores this month and their teamsheets for those games are markedly different to their teamsheets for other games.

It's great to see clubs playing div 10 rugby in the right spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Talking about div 10 standard, Kilkenny have posted two very big scores this month and their teamsheets for those games are markedly different to their teamsheets for other games.

It's great to see clubs playing div 10 rugby in the right spirit.

Is one of them against Terenure? That Nure team went to that game with something like 10 players so that would account for that score. A few of the boys from that team told me that kilkenny had to loan them a few players.

Yeah, one of them was.

Suttonians also beat them a few weeks ago, they have a decent team, sometimes the opposition don't have a full squad which can flatter you.

We play them on the 21st...with us, them, and suttonians trying to secure the top two places

• Advertisement

I've seen the teamsheets though. All above board as such but the personnel for those two games were dramatically different to all the others.

Edit: the rules re six games at a higher level are probably going to get looked at again at the end of the season because we caught a team playing an AIL player in metro 8, who was technically legal because he had only played 5 AIL games. That's obviously much more distorting than a metro 6 or 7 player so it should be a sliding scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I've seen the teamsheets though. All above board as such but the personnel for those two games were dramatically different to all the others.

Edit: the rules re six games at a higher level are probably going to get looked at again at the end of the season because we caught a team playing an AIL player in metro 8, who was technically legal because he had only played 5 AIL games. That's obviously much more distorting than a metro 6 or 7 player so it should be a sliding scale.

Jesus, that's fairly shocking and totally against the spirit of the game.

shoutman wrote: »
    [/B]

Jesus, that's fairly shocking and totally against the spirit of the game.
    The competition regulations state If a player has started 6 games or more at a higher level he must be regraded before he can play at a lower level. Its up to the re-grading committee to decide if a player can move down levels or not.

Surely the senior and junior competitions should be separate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Yeah but was that 5 ail games this year or ever? Like he could be 40 odd and started 5 times throughout his club rugby....doubt its unheard of but highly unlikely. ...

• Advertisement

Yeah but was that 5 ail games this year or ever? Like he could be 40 odd and started 5 times throughout his club rugby....doubt its unheard of but highly unlikely. ...

I would presume he meant this season, as we're talking about the rules currently saying 6 starts in a season.

Yes but what level do you separate them? What level should a player be able to move up/down without it being queried?
    5 in a season. Too hard to do any more than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yes but what level do you separate them? What level should a player be able to move up/down without it being queried?

I think AIL is a good starting point anyway.

5 in a season. Too hard to do any more than that

IMO J1 to J6 should be completely separate entity to any team in the AIL.

Eoin wrote: »
    I think AIL is a good starting point anyway.
    That doesnt answer the question. What level and how many levels should a player be able to move without a query. The regradings committee meet weekly.
    Lower grades yes apart from unique circumstances but J1/2 no they shouldn't as that'll be an AIL teams 2nds/3rds and players will move between the three depending on form/injury/need and you cant have J1/2 as completely separate to AIL

Fair enough, then do it by Metro division. Say div4 is the cut off.

Realistically the only way to do it is by team, so an AIL player can drop down to their 2nd team regardless of the division, but no lower. And so on so forth.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Realistically the only way to do it is by team, so an AIL player can drop down to their 2nd team regardless of the division, but no lower. And so on so forth.
    That's very hard on players and circumstances behind why a player is playing at a certain level below what they have played. Comeback from Long term injury etc

J1 is AIL seconds for senior clubs and then you have teams like Skerries(off the top of my head) where their seconds team is in division 4. It's not so clearcut there and it's possible that division 4 players could end up playing against AIL players there. Something to bear in mind, especially in relation to front rows.

The team I'm referring to have more than one team between their AIL and div 8 team so they've no excuse for playing those lads in div 8.

That's very hard on players and circumstances behind why a player is playing at a certain level below what they have played. Comeback from Long term injury etc

Trust me, it's not the case in the situation I'm referring to.

And then you have teams failing to submit teamsheets electronically so nobody can keep track of what they are up to.

We're going to have to move to player ID cards with photos to stamp out the bangers unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement