Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/5 (Social Rugby) Season 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

Anyone know if bective or railway were hit with any penalties after the mess that was the o'connor cup last season, nothing up on the leinster web site!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Ah yeah but you wouldn't bother going to the club first if you were closer.... Unless you were stuck for lift...

Which I would be in this case. We've only the 1 car and the OH would need it on Saturdays. Can't justify the expense of a second car as about the only time I'd use it is going to matches on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

The domestic section of the LR site sucks. Are they up on the sportsmanager site yet?

EDIT: Yes. http://sportsmanager.ie/cake/rugby/leinsterNew/upcomingFixtures
    Domestic section of Leinster site is actually quite good in comparison to the other provinces websites
    Ugh. 'Metro' league by name only. We have Normans, De La Salle, Barnhall, Clondalkin and Stillorgan in our league. So much for using the ol' bike to get to games.
    Stillorglin, Palmo etc all metro. Not as if theyre Kilkenny, greystones etc
    cloneslad wrote: »
    We played them a few years ago, we met up at 10am, or something ridiculous like that, for a 2pm kick off. We had to go to a pub to kill time because we got there so early.
    And that's a bad thing?
    molloyjh wrote: »
    Well about an hour and a half anyway. Then you have to factor in the travel to Clontarf for those of us who don't live there. For me that's at least 30 mins. So its at least 2 hours travel time there and the same again on the way back, if not more. That's a complete pain in the arse in fairness.
    Lads ye're lucky and should see travel of an hour and a half as plenty of time for drinking. Back home id a minimum of 40minutes to an hours travel for every game and many games were 2 hours each way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Well about an hour and a half anyway. Then you have to factor in the travel to Clontarf for those of us who don't live there. For me that's at least 30 mins. So its at least 2 hours travel time there and the same again on the way back, if not more. That's a complete pain in the arse in fairness.

I was traveling an hour each way for our home games last season, my sympathy levels for you, for one game, are not very high ;)

Really must get my finger out and sort this moving club lark lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Domestic"]
    Stillorglin, Palmo etc all metro. Not as if theyre Kilkenny, greystones etc

Stillorgan will be grand yeah.

Palmers though is mad to get to, you get lost in the mountains! :D

Normans is Kilkenny. Never been to Barnhall but oddly enough I got one of my mates to join us from Barnhall because he didn't want to trek out there all the time... Don't know if he even told them he was changing clubs. Well, now he has to do it one more time. Hilarious. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ugh. 'Metro' league by name only. We have Normans, De La Salle, Barnhall, Clondalkin and Stillorgan in our league. So much for using the ol' bike to get to games.

Stillorgan are only about a mile from Donnybrook, would you like for the branch to arrange all your games in a park at the end of your road?

salmocab wrote: »
    Stillorgan are only about a mile from Donnybrook, would you like for the branch to arrange all your games in a park at the end of your road?

That'd be nice. Any chance they'd throw in a coach as well? Gotta keep the legs fresh ya know.

That'd be nice. Any chance they'd throw in a coach as well? Gotta keep the legs fresh ya know.

Yeah standing on the sideline is very taxing on the legs I hear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well you have Suttonians and the Warriors, that's six near home games for you :)

For the Div 10 team. AK is talking about the Div 11 team.

• Advertisement

I was traveling an hour each way for our home games last season, my sympathy levels for you, for one game, are not very high ;)

Really must get my finger out and sort this moving club lark lol

Tbh I'm much the same at the moment unless I can convince the missus to drop me down. I don't mind travelling around the Dublin area for games at all, but Kilkenny is bloody awkward.

Yeah standing on the sideline is very taxing on the legs I hear!

My calves are very tight.

I'm just going to leave that one to the Clontarf lads lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Stillorgan will be grand yeah.

Palmers though is mad to get to, you get lost in the mountains! :D

Normans is Kilkenny. Never been to Barnhall but oddly enough I got one of my mates to join us from Barnhall because he didn't want to trek out there all the time... Don't know if he even told them he was changing clubs. Well, now he has to do it one more time. Hilarious. :D

World's smallest violin is coming out for you lads.

Back home it was about 20km to our home club, then pretty much every second weekend was spent driving 2 hours to play an away game....which always kicked off at 11:00am until under 18s, then it went to 1/2pm.....and we had to walk to the club, which was uphill....in both directions.

I'm just going to leave that one to the Clontarf lads lol

I'm not touching them, they'd probably break anyway.

World's smallest violin is coming out for you lads.

Back home it was about 20km to our home club, then pretty much every second weekend was spent driving 2 hours to play an away game....which always kicked off at 11:00am until under 18s, then it went to 1/2pm.....and we had to walk to the club, which was uphill....in both directions.

Ah yeah, but we're Dubs. We're a bit precious about having to go any further than the end of the road for anything. :cool:

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, but we're Dubs. We're a bit precious about having to go any further than the end of the road for anything. :cool:

Not AK, he travelled all over dublin last year just to listen to me give him dog's abuse.

Not AK, he travelled all over dublin last year just to listen to me give him dog's abuse.

It must be love...

I'm not touching them, they'd probably break anyway.

Pot, Kettle called you black

Pot, Kettle called you black

That was more of a snuggle struggle between you and I. I'm actually going to miss our first game of the season, it's conflicting with my holiday. It's against emerald warriors too, and I don't have good memories from either game I played against your former team, so can't say I'm terribly upset.

First training session last night, finally got my finger out and can I just say at this point OUCH!!! Great to be able to train with the team though, really missed that over the last few seasons, looking forward to the season, go down and watch the match on Saturday against Malahide, as I'm not registered yet.

• Advertisement

It's not in the competition regulations but it seems that to play in the cups at the end of the season, a player must have played a minimum of 4 league games at that level for the club. Going to hit some silverware-chasing teams fairly hard.

gaius c wrote: »
    It's not in the competition regulations but it seems that to play in the cups at the end of the season, a player must have played a minimum of 4 league games at that level for the club. Going to hit some silverware-chasing teams fairly hard.

About time if it's actually in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

They were strict about that last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

First training session last night, finally got my finger out and can I just say at this point OUCH!!! Great to be able to train with the team though, really missed that over the last few seasons, looking forward to the season, go down and watch the match on Saturday against Malahide, as I'm not registered yet.

Enjoy, I'll be in the backline somewhere. Nice to get the furthest away trip done first. Last season we started on Clonattin (my phone was trying to change Clonattin to Clown Attire!)

How will they police that? Good idea in theory, but in practice I just can't see it happening.

Winters wrote: »
    Enjoy, I'll be in the backline somewhere.

I'll catch you in the return so ;)

How will they police that? Good idea in theory, but in practice I just can't see it happening.

Same way they police the league, team sign in sheets, not exactly fool proof but better than nothing.

Email from branch this morning:
    1. Teams must bring 2 official team sheets to their all their games; one for the referee, the other for your opponents
    Teamsheets, camera phones and social media should do the trick.

Hmm, I'm sceptical.. Sure we'll see come spring. It doesn't really bother me either way, cup is just an extra few games for me. It's when people cheat in the league it's frustrating.

Think it did stop some if not all of the messing around last year, up until cup time.

• Advertisement

Don't forget the Rhino balls people apparently all league games have to use them this year as its a sponsorship thing

Don't forget the Rhino balls people apparently all league games have to use them this year as its a sponsorship thing

We trained with them last night, nice ball!

We trained with them last night, nice ball!

We had all 6 of our new ones stolen/misappropriated the night we got them, not even pumped up, all sorts of allegations flying around the players Facebook page, nobody is above suspicion. But yeah they are a decent ball.

We had all 6 of our new ones stolen/misappropriated the night we got them, not even pumped up, all sorts of allegations flying around the players Facebook page, nobody is above suspicion. But yeah they are a decent ball.

What the hell would anyone want with 6 balls lol

P_1 needed a replacement.

What the hell would anyone want with 6 balls lol

I think someone is starting their own club, the continuity DLSP.

I think someone is starting their own club, the continuity DLSP.

Splitters!

Ha we got three and they were treated like gold dust. Nice ball alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

gaius c wrote: »
    Email from branch this morning:....

ARLB have notified referees of the two sheet requirement. We have to notify the ARLB if teams haven't provided same; they in turn will follow it up the Branch who will deal with the clubs directly.

• Advertisement

Played u23 seapoint today. My hate for playing against u23 teams has not diminished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

ARLB have notified referees of the two sheet requirement. We have to notify the ARLB if teams haven't provided same; they in turn will follow it up the Branch who will deal with the clubs directly.
    What was procedure before this? As its always been the way in Munster especially at underage that teams have 2 team sheets. One for the opposition and one for the referee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Seapoint 34 - 5 Tallaght (Div 7). I think this might be recorded as a walkover as Tallaght couldn't field a front row and the ref wasn't happy with the pitch being mostly unmarked. Hope Tallaght don't get any points deducted for that though.

I heard that Railway beat DLSP 46 - 26.

Edit:
    Old Wesley 32 - 12 Coolmine.
    Lansdowne dropped out by the looks of things

League table shows 5 points for Wesley, but that might be corrected as there hasn't been 4 try bonus points for a good while - unless something has changed?

Went down and watched my new team demolish Malahide yesterday, think I'm going to have splinters in my arse this year, as it's going to be a hard team to break into. Malahide put in a good solid performance up till half time, then conceded an early try in the second half and just seemed to disintegrate. Match ended 50-8 to greystones, which although it was a fair reflection of the way things went in the second half, it wasn't really a fair reflection of the 80 mins. I'm sure they'll feel aggrieved about the try the ref awarded, then overturned on the advise of the linesman (Greystones), when they were actually dominating the game, territory wise, with the winds at there backs! Nice to get a winning start to the league though.

Teferi wrote: »
    Played u23 seapoint today. My hate for playing against u23 teams has not diminished.

Which league? Was it the new team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Eoin wrote: »
    Seapoint 34 - 5 Tallaght (Div 7). I think this might be recorded as a walkover as Tallaght couldn't field a front row and the ref wasn't happy with the pitch being mostly unmarked. Hope Tallaght don't get any points deducted for

Our understanding is the game is down as been "abandoned" .... due to the pitch not been marked/lined properly and nothing to do with the front row... (or lack of it). That's what the ref said before kick off and he said the game would be replayed at a later stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Our understanding is the game is down as been "abandoned" .... due to the pitch not been marked/lined properly and nothing to do with the front row... (or lack of it). That's what the ref said before kick off and he said the game would be replayed at a later stage.

I suppose with lansdowne out of the league, there will be a free weekend anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Pretty worrying to see Lansdowne pulling a team and Belvo conceding a walkover

Naas also conceded their 20's game to Rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Went down and watched my new team demolish Malahide yesterday, think I'm going to have splinters in my arse this year, as it's going to be a hard team to break into. Malahide put in a good solid performance up till half time, then conceded an early try in the second half and just seemed to disintegrate. Match ended 50-8 to greystones, which although it was a fair reflection of the way things went in the second half, it wasn't really a fair reflection of the 80 mins. I'm sure they'll feel aggrieved about the try the ref awarded, then overturned on the advise of the linesman (Greystones), when they were actually dominating the game, territory wise, with the winds at there backs! Nice to get a winning start to the league though.

A big jump from Metro 9 to Metro 8. That was probably the strongest thirds team we have put out. Everything seemed even until that disallowed try, then your first foray into our 22 and bang we're 7 points down. You seemed to be very clinical and the 15 is a handy player. I got put on me arse by the prop in the first half, big lads. Your centre is a big unit too. I felt we had an even scrum but ye had the beating of is in the lineouts.

Disappointing start but next week is another game. One thing I love about the game is bumping into old classmates and school friends during games. I went to school with one of your locks, Neil something. Small world.

Best of luck with your season. See you in Estruary Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

GavMan wrote: »
    Pretty worrying to see Lansdowne pulling a team and Belvo conceding a walkover

Naas also conceded their 20's game to Rock

This will continue as Colleges now offering very attractive terms to players free registration, accomadation, monthly allowance and extra points for CAO amongst things that UCD, Trinity, NUIM Barnhall and Carlow IT can all offer without any fear of retribution from IRFU. Huge numbers in colleges this year could all easily field 3 20's teams with exception of possibly Carlow. This will have a knock on effectfor teams lower down the food chain for clubs competing for new players in these areas

Winters wrote: »
    A big jump from Metro 9 to Metro 8. That was probably the strongest thirds team we have put out. Everything seemed even until that disallowed try, then your first foray into our 22 and bang we're 7 points down. You seemed to be very clinical and the 15 is a handy player. I got put on me arse by the prop in the first half, big lads. Your centre is a big unit too. I felt we had an even scrum but ye had the beating of is in the lineouts.

Disappointing start but next week is another game. One thing I love about the game is bumping into old classmates and school friends during games. I went to school with one of your locks, Neil something. Small world.

Best of luck with your season. See you in Estruary Road.

Still only getting to know the team, the scumhalf was the only player, still there from when i originally played for stones. Yeah the backs were very good when they cut out the stupid mistakes, glad I'm not trying to break into the backline, be hard enough to get into the backrow. What position were you playing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement