Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/5 (Social Rugby) Season 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

stephen_n wrote: »
    Still only getting to know the team, the scumhalf was the only player, still there from when i originally played for stones. Yeah the backs were very good when they cut out the stupid mistakes, glad I'm not trying to break into the backline, be hard enough to get into the backrow. What position were you playing?

I played left wing. That prop fell on my knee in the first half and it's been the size of a football since. Hopefully just bruised.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Winters wrote: »
    I played left wing. That prop fell on my knee in the first half and it's been the size of a football since. Hopefully just bruised.

Hope it heals soon, bleedin props hey ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Sounds like you were doing non-winger things and getting involved in things you shouldn't be. That's why I'm always broken, I'm a terrible winger. :P

.ak wrote: »
    Sounds like you were doing non-winger things and getting involved in things you shouldn't be. That's why I'm always broken, I'm a terrible winger. :P

Yeah like 'tackling' whatever that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Emerald Warriors have withdrawn from Div 10.

Also noted on the league page.
    Bective Rangers deducted 4 points as part of sanctions against club for playing illegal players in O'Connor Cup last season 2013-14.

Guess we'll have a big crowd for the game against Stillorgan in Div11 then. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

gaius c wrote: »

See all bective. Teams hit with sanctions as well as railway!
    Maybe lessons will be learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Anyone have a link to the new tables? I keep getting last years tables...

devolution wrote: »
    See all bective. Teams hit with sanctions as well as railway!
    Maybe lessons will be learned.

Interesting move, about time the branch took this seriously.

• Advertisement

Interesting move, about time the branch took this seriously.

You would think with sanctions like the ones handed out that clubs will now self police, ie, if a teams takes a chance on loading up with illegal or ineligable player they run the risk if embarrassing their whole club, I'm sure many of the old guard in bective & railway are rather displeased having that up on the leinster branch page for a whole season!

Suttonians are div10 now? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Suttonians are div10 now? :confused:

They have a new J5 team. J4 team couldn't field last weekend so not sure what their numbers are like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Any other 3rd teams playing Friday nights under lights?

glic83 wrote: »
    Any other 3rd teams playing Friday nights under lights?

We can but no games scheduled for Fridays yet (Malahide - Metro 8)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ha! I didn't realise the ref who was down to ref Clontarf v Emerald Warriors this weekend in J10 was actually reffing at all!

Heroditas wrote: »
    Ha! I didn't realise the ref who was down to ref Clontarf v Emerald Warriors this weekend in J10 was actually reffing at all!

Is that an in joke? who is he?

Alain Rolland

Snr

Gregory Kelly? am I missing something? lol

• Advertisement

Gregory Kelly? am I missing something? lol

I'm missing it too.

I'm missing it too.

Maybe it's been changed on the site?

Anyone know what greystones team in div 8 are like, they put a big one up against malahide last sat & sound like they are real contenders??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sorry guys. He has coached my club's youths. I didn't even realise he had his ref qualifications.
    One or two other posters here would know him.

Anyone know what greystones team in div 8 are like, they put a big one up against malahide last sat & sound like they are real contenders??

Team is strong enough but you can't read too much into one result, there were a lot of big scores in last weekends games.

Yeah, thing with that level is you get some big results but it doesn't say much. Really it's the most consistent teams that win the divisions, rather than the ones that put up big scores.

• Advertisement

We found Greystones to be tough going. Good ten, accurate kicking, big 12, strong back row and skillful 15. They had us in the collisions as the game wore on. Their scrum wasn't anything special though, line out well competed.

We are up against Blackrock tomorrow who put 60 points down in their first game. Difficult to gauge teams at this stage.

We found Greystones to be tough going. Good ten, accurate kicking, big 12, strong back row and skillful 15. They had us in the collisions as the game wore on. Their scrum wasn't anything special though, line out well competed.

We are up against Blackrock tomorrow who put 60 points down in their first game. Difficult to gauge teams at this stage.

It won't really be possible to gauge strengths until after 3 or 4 games, we have Terenure this weekend in Lakelands, that will test the strength of our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Blackrock were good last year - a young team well capable of scoring tries.

They were looking good to make the play-offs until they got deducted points for their J1s not being able to field a team. They were still in the hunt until the very last match of the league if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

dave13 wrote: »
    They have a new J5 team. J4 team couldn't field last weekend so not sure what their numbers are like

We had about 5 people training for 3rd XV in Div6.
    So decision made to move remaining 3rd XV players into Div10 and supplement it with Vets and newcomers.

Metro 8, Round 2 - Malahide Blackrock called off, Blackrock couldn't field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Generally what time do mid week training sessions take place for j4/5 rugby teams?

Div 7: Seapoint 52 - 0 Raliway Union. Our Div 8 team couldn't field a team so had to concede.

I see that Barnhall gave UCD a serious spanking in Div 8 - put something like 80 points on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Remmy wrote: »
    Generally what time do mid week training sessions take place for j4/5 rugby teams?
    Hard to say and it'll vary from club to club.

Was in Donnybrook today and saw some of the Bective 4ths v Trinity in Division 9. High scoring clash won by Bective just about in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Remmy wrote: »

Id say most start between 7 and 730 and last 90 minutes, although clubs with tighter facilities might have awkward timings

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cmdrpaddy

Eoin wrote: »
    Div 7: Seapoint 52 - 0 Raliway Union. Our Div 8 team couldn't field a team so had to concede.

I see that Barnhall gave UCD a serious spanking in Div 8 - put something like 80 points on them.

They did indeed.

There was some very good players playing for Barnhall yesterday. As I understand it they've got a partnership with Maynooth and the turnout for training has been incredible. Lots of quality players dropping down through the teams. In saying that the UCD team was a very thrown together effort, lots of people were missing and and at least 6 lads were playing their first game.

I only recognised 2 or 3 of the players from the Barnhall team we've been playing the past couple of seasons.

We had about 5 people training for 3rd XV in Div6.
    So decision made to move remaining 3rd XV players into Div10 and supplement it with Vets and newcomers.

Refusing to field at J4 but fielding at a lower level and then comfortably beating the strongest team in that level?

I'm no oracle but I suspect the branch will be taking a dim view of such shenanigans. Div 6 players should not be playing in Div 10.

cmdrpaddy wrote: »
    They did indeed.

There was some very good players playing for Barnhall yesterday. As I understand it they've got a partnership with Maynooth and the turnout for training has been incredible. Lots of quality players dropping down through the teams. In saying that the UCD team was a very thrown together effort, lots of people were missing and and at least 6 lads were playing their first game.

I only recognised 2 or 3 of the players from the Barnhall team we've been playing the past couple of seasons.
    Barnhall and Maynooth have been working together for years but the club was rebranded as NUIM Barnhall in 2010
    No surprise to hear of a student side being very thrown together this time of year.. early days for them even more than any other club

Barnhall and Maynooth have been working together for years but the club was rebranded as NUIM Barnhall in 2010

Aye. Touchy subject with the local junior club in Maynooth who were pretty much robbed of their main source of players and unlike the stronger uni's few of Maynooth's players are really strong enough to push for AIL so it just means that lads who could be playing firsts at junior level are wasting their time at J3/J4 instead.

Refusing to field at J4 but fielding at a lower level and then comfortably beating the strongest team in that level?

I'm no oracle but I suspect the branch will be taking a dim view of such shenanigans. Div 6 players should not be playing in Div 10.

15:00 Suttonians 22 vs 14 Terenure College RFC

Sounds like a close game, just to note I'm not playing on this team.
    Just know what situation was for change in leagues.

15:00 Suttonians 22 vs 14 Terenure College RFC

Sounds like a close game, just to note I'm not playing on this team.
    Just know what situation was for change in leagues.

Branch regulations if correct are that if you forfeit at a higher level you cannot field at any level below & points go to opposition, so nure will get the points

• Advertisement

Branch regulations if correct are that if you forfeit at a higher level you cannot field at any level below & points go to opposition, so nure will get the points

You sure about that? pretty sure when Belvo won the J4 league a couple of years ago they had no J3 team that season.

You sure about that? pretty sure when Belvo won the J4 league a couple of years ago they had no J3 team that season.
    That may have been case then but its in the branch regulations for last season(which I assume have stayed the same for this season). leinsterrugby.ie/files/Competition_Regulations_Sept_2013

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

That may have been case then but its in the branch regulations for last season(which I assume have stayed the same for this season). leinsterrugby.ie/files/Competition_Regulations_Sept_2013

Yes was made very clear to clubs last season and again this season by the branch.

That was 3 or 4 years ago, so you're probably right. They were given the points on the site so far anyway.

last season I think that the result stood, but league points were deducted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

From my reading of the rule, it means that if a team gives a walkover on a weekend but a lower level team within the club manages to field a team, then the club's teams are docked points.

If the bottom team in a club concedes a walkover that team will be
    deducted 4 League points
    b. If a team other than the bottom team in a club concedes a walkover and team(s) at lower levels from that club play their game(s) the following sanctions will apply:
    a. Deduction of 4 League points
    b. Every other team in the club that is not participating in AIL Qualifying Leagues will be deducted ONE League point

that rule is right, as it happened to us 2 years ago i think.
    but the Div6 dropped out of league completely, so there isn't any walkovers as there's no higher team playing in metro. div10 is the only team in those leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

If you field at a lower level and concede a walkover at a higher level, the results stand but there is a points deduction. Starting at 1, doubling to 2, 4, 8, etc.

Yeah but they didn't concede, they are not in a higher league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BBG

Aye. Touchy subject with the local junior club in Maynooth who were pretty much robbed of their main source of players and unlike the stronger uni's few of Maynooth's players are really strong enough to push for AIL so it just means that lads who could be playing firsts at junior level are wasting their time at J3/J4 instead.

Who is the local junior club in Maynooth? Being from Maynooth, I've always found that both Barnhall & North Kildare have competed for players from Maynooth & the Uni. (I'm playing with Barnhall) There's the rugby club within the college but they've had links to Barnhall long before the scholarship program and Barnhall becoming NUIM Barnhall. Did I miss another local junior club?

Any of the college scholarship players with Barnhall are playing senior club at J1(AIL 2A), J2 & u20s so why would they want to play Junior J1 and I mean that with all due respect to NK. Not many college players & no scholarship players outside of that in the junior section of BH.

Advertisement