Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/5 (Social Rugby) Season 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cmdrpaddy

stephen_n wrote: »
    That might go down as the worst conditions I have played in UCD 13-0 Greystones

At least it wasn't on grass...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

cmdrpaddy wrote: »
    At least it wasn't on grass...

No way it would have gone ahead I'd say! One good thing about artificial surfaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Ah twas only a drop of rain.

Pitches seem to be holding up well so far this year. Dry summer helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

Some interesting results this weekend, looks like it's going to be a long season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

devolution wrote: »
    Some interesting results this weekend, looks like it's going to be a long season!

Any in particular?

There's a few walkovers in the upper metro leagues already which is surprising because you usually see them in the J5 leagues. Suspect that numbers of experienced players are well down while beginner numbers are up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

gaius c wrote: »
    There's a few walkovers in the upper metro leagues already which is surprising because you usually see them in the J5 leagues. Suspect that numbers of experienced players are well down while beginner numbers are up.

Will be points deducted so , you've to concede from the bottom up

Correct. Belvo and Marys have been hit so far.
    Can see why clubs wouldn't want to put weaker teams into the stronger league though.

Surprised at Mary's, they have been strong in all divisions for the last few years I thought.

• Advertisement

79 teams in the Metro league this year.
    83 last year.
    Will be interesting to see the numbers of conceded games by the end of the year. Some clubs might have spread themselves too thin.

Getting very tight at the top of div 8, a few interesting weeks ahead!

Stones v Barnhall should be a good game in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

First day back training after 3 weeks gorging in the states. Tonight is gonna be rough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

.ak wrote: »
    First day back training after 3 weeks gorging in the states. Tonight is gonna be rough....

Were you away?

Did you have food?

You probably should have put something up on facebook so we knew.

Winter weather is kicking in now, the type where your body gets sore just thinking about getting off the couch.

cloneslad wrote: »
    Were you away?

Did you have food?

Winter weather is kicking in now, the type where your body gets sore just thinking about getting off the couch.

Oh you missed them? I'll email you all the pics and the ones I didn't upload also.

Yeah just thinking that - spitty rain tonight as well, the type that ruins your hair. :( Still I'll soldier on, need to run off my 'bulking'. :D

• Advertisement

Were you away?

Did you have food?

Or on here, we could have done with some of those posts in the off topic section.

The weather probably is all it takes to make you sore, how's the leg?

Or on here, we could have done with some of those posts in the off topic section.

The weather probably is all it takes to make you sore, how's the leg?

Actually thought a break from running on it would help but it's still a bit weak and sore. I've probably concentrated too much on my weight lifting and have forgotten about doing the physio my physio gave me to do. Tonight will be the first time sprinting on it in a while so I'll see how it goes. Reckon I just need to concentrate on strengthening the joint until it's back to 100% then go back to my weights.

Have you been playing?

Yeah playing j3 with Greystones, got our first win against Wanderers on Friday night, thoroughly enjoyable 😊

Nice. What div is that?

Nice. What div is that?

Division 5

• Advertisement

Yeah playing j3 with Greystones, got our first win against Wanderers on Friday night, thoroughly enjoyable 😊

Emerald warriors couldn't cope without you, they've gone on strike until you come back next season.

You injuring many people this season?

Emerald warriors couldn't cope without you, they've gone on strike until you come back next season.

You injuring many people this season?

Nah the players at J3 are a little tougher ;)

I'll be retired next season :)

Nah the players at J3 are a little tougher ;)

I'll be retired next season :)

I break easily, but it seems I'm also easily fixed.

How many seasons have you been saying that for?

I wonder if any matches will fall foul of the weather this weekend.

I break easily, but it seems I'm also easily fixed.

How many seasons have you been saying that for?

I wonder if any matches will fall foul of the weather this weekend.

We don't have a match this weekend for some reason

I've been on one more season since 2007, several failed attempts to retire but at 42 there can't be too many more, or I'll be playing with a zimmerframe.

I don't think there'll be too many matches on this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Yes a lot of games off. Looks like I may be having a pint or three tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Crap, we've only had 2 games in the last 4 or 5 weeks as it is

Eoin wrote: »

Think a few teams will be in the same boat.

... No pun intended.

Eoin wrote: »

We haven't even had 2 full games all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

jaysus i may be back for the tail end of the season so hahaha

• Advertisement

Why?

Why?

Warriors dropped out, Monkstown couldn't field a team, the re got injured during the second half of the bective game, and we played the full 80 against Terenure.

Our match is still scheduled for this weekend and has been moved to Kilkenny instead of a home fixture for us. They must have a decent pitch there, or have a massive supply of umbrellas keeping the rain away.

Warriors dropped out, Monkstown couldn't field a team, the re got injured during the second half of the bective game, and we played the full 80 against Terenure.

Our match is still scheduled for this weekend and has been moved to Kilkenny instead of a home fixture for us. They must have a decent pitch there, or have a massive supply of umbrellas keeping the rain away.

That's ****e, so monkstown are the same as last season so? That's a bit **** being into mid November and only 2 games played!

That's ****e, so monkstown are the same as last season so? That's a bit **** being into mid November and only 2 games played!

I think they've played a few matches, not too sure how many they pulled out against. We played them pre season and they had 12-13 so I'm not sure if they are struggling for numbers or just had injuries / people away

I think they've played a few matches, not too sure how many they pulled out against. We played them pre season and they had 12-13 so I'm not sure if they are struggling for numbers or just had injuries / people away

They seemed to struggle for numbers at the start of last season too, pulled out of 2 or 3 games at the start of the season, even though I though conceding more than two games meant having to pull out of the league. Mind you with the warriors gone it would make a right mess of the division if they have to pull out.

They seem well able to field quite strong teams at home.

The morning after your first game in over a month.. Ow.

Although I wish there wasn't a break now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Blizzards

Was the div10 game Clontarf v Suttonians played?????

Blizzards wrote: »

Yep, Clontarf won well enough.

• Advertisement

Yep, Clontarf won well enough.

Finished 24-3, it was a close enough first half, 5-3 to us. I think our fitness and organisation helped us see the game through. They switched off after we missed a penalty, and one of our lads ran in and touched it down for a try. We also had a breakaway try too.

Good to see some posts in this thread, it was in danger of going zombie.

This month long break is a bit of a pain, our next games isn't till the 11th of January.

Good to see some posts in this thread, it was in danger of going zombie.

This month long break is a bit of a pain, our next games isn't till the 11th of January.

Same same. With the rain off for now maybe a friendly or two might be in order.

Hard to get friendlies over Xmas just surprised they finished so early.

Hard to get friendlies over Xmas just surprised they finished so early.

Well we have such a big squad reckon we'll get a game against ourselves hopefully.

Well we have such a big squad reckon we'll get a game against ourselves hopefully.

Christmas pissup and colours match, that would be a combo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Blizzards

Finished 24-3, it was a close enough first half, 5-3 to us. I think our fitness and organisation helped us see the game through. They switched off after we missed a penalty, and one of our lads ran in and touched it down for a try. We also had a breakaway try too.

Its still not up on the league table yet,hope its not being disputed :-)

Its still not up on the league table yet,hope its not being disputed :-)

Can't see a reason why it would be. Probably just an error. I do know that we've had a point deducted as our j1 team failed to field a team against trinity over the weekend.

Might be a few quite weeks ahead, then. All starts getting to the business end of the season!

The table for division 10 has been updated.

After the first 6 games of the season there is nothing between the top 5 teams. Kilkenny have a decent points advantage, but from what I've seen any team is capable of beating each other. We had small defeats to Kilkenny and Mary's, and a narrow win over Terenure, all three of them could have gone the other way. We had a decent win over suttonians, but it was a tight game, and the score line doesn't reflect how close it was, especially the first half.

It's good to see a competitive division

Division 10 table

Had our annual Christmas murderball game yesterday... Thought to myself, sure I haven't ran a mile in about a month, so hopefully a few minutes as a rolling sub will do fine....

Then it turns out we only have enough for 12 aside. Played the 80, whilst carrying multiple turkey dinners and sandwiches, in the ice. I reckon that's what hell is.

Good craic all the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement