Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows automatic update off!

Options
  • 25-07-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a problem with my windows 8.1 where I keep getting a message from the action center saying "automatic updates turned off" so then I turn it back on and then it stays like that for a while but within an hour I get the same message again....I have installed Bitdefender i-security and only happens since then and that maybe the problem but Im a noobie and cant fiure it out...all help appreciated...Thanks.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. See if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. See if that helps.

Thanks just ran it and it said it fixed 2 poblems but I tried it the other day too and it still happened. I will leave it until tomorrow to see if it happens again and if not thanks again...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If it's Windows 7/8, type "Turn automatic updating on or off" into the Start search menu, click "Install updates automatically" from the drop down menu and click Ok.

That should do it.

Mr. G wrote: »
    If it's Windows 7/8, type "Turn automatic updating on or off" into the Start search menu, click "Install updates automatically" from the drop down menu and click Ok.

That should do it.

Its still happening after the fix-it,....wonder Mr.G will that work for Windows 8.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Uninstall Bitdefender i-security and see if the problem persists, if it sorts itself out then Bitdefender i-security is the problem.

• Advertisement

STEINBERG wrote: »
    Uninstall Bitdefender i-security and see if the problem persists, if it sorts itself out then Bitdefender i-security is the problem.

I did that and it does seem to be the problem as it seemed to stop and then I re-installed Bitdefender and the problem is back. It is the 9 month free version they had on offer at weekend but I may just go back to using avast.
    You know the saying "Gas, Grass or Ass, nobody rides for free" lol...Thanks mate

muincav wrote: »
    I did that and it does seem to be the problem as it seemed to stop and then I re-installed Bitdefender and the problem is back. It is the 9 month free version they had on offer at weekend but I may just go back to using avast.
    You know the saying "Gas, Grass or Ass, nobody rides for free" lol...Thanks mate

Have you had a nose around the settings in Bitdefender? there might well be something about turning on and off the automatic updates.. have a snoop around and see

STEINBERG wrote: »
    Have you had a nose around the settings in Bitdefender? there might well be something about turning on and off the automatic updates.. have a snoop around and see

I think you hit the nail on the head STEINBERG, unticked some boxes in the profile settings and it seems to be okay now...than a million mate...:o:D

muincav wrote: »
    I think you hit the nail on the head STEINBERG, unticked some boxes in the profile settings and it seems to be okay now...than a million mate...:o:D

No problem, sometimes it is just the simple things realy

Advertisement