Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre pay meter questions

Options
  • 25-07-2014 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am thinking about switching to your pre pay meters but I have a few questions first.

1. Does the electricity rate stay the same and will it always be the same as the current rate        for bill pay customers?
     2. Does the standing charge stay the same?
     3. Is it possible to revert back to bill pay in the future?
     4. Can anyone apply for the meter or is only people in arrears? 

I am currently in arrears but not by that much. I would like to get the pre pay meter if the price stayed on par with bill pay.

The property is owned by me and is a house so it will probably be fine for the meter. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi salamanca22,

Thanks for your post.

Pay-as-you-go customers pay the standard Electiric Ireland electricity rates, and yes it is possible to revert to bill-pay again in the future. Pay-as-you-go meters are available to both customers experiencing financial hardship and those who simply would prefer pay-as-you-go as a lifestyle choice.

If you are interested in availing of this option, call to 1850 305 095 with an existing electricity bill. We can then agree an installation time that suits you – and our engineers will explain how your meter works on the day. 

You can find further information on our website here.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement