Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amend Standing Order Payee Name

Options
  • 25-07-2014 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Wondering how to change the Payee Name on a Standing order, My recipient would like this changed. 
    Can i do this online or do i need to go into a bank. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Willow9,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

A Payee name on a standing order cannot be changed, you would need to delete the standing order and set it up again. You can delete a standing order online by going to Manage Accounts and then Manage Standing Orders. Then select the standing order you want to remove and click delete. 

You will then need to set up the standing order again. Please find information on setting up a standing order online here

Is it possible your payee needs the reference name that appears on their statement for this standing order to be changed? 
    If so, you can send in this request online. When logged into your account on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, please go to the Online Service Desk tab and select Ask a Question and then request the reference to be changed. A colleague will be happy to change this for you and will respond to you that it has been updated.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement