Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO course HELP

• 25-07-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So I'm going into fifth year and we were told at the end of fourth year to research cao courses and to choose 3 courses that interest us that match with our subject choices. We have to give this list in to our guidance counsellor and I'm freaking out now because I forgot about it. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some courses that might suit me?

my lc subjects are
    irish
    english
    maths
    french
    ag science
    chemistry
    biology

as you can see I do like science and I do want to do a good leaving cert. I got 8As and 2Bs all HL in junior cert so I think I am capable of getting high course points if I work hard. Any recommendations at all are so welcome thanks for reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

Try the qualifax course finder, it lets you select the type of degree you want (Level 8 or 7/6) where you want to study (Leinster, Galway, Cork etc. ) and what field you want to study

It sounds like they just want to focus people's attention to the fact that you'll have to make this decision for real in a year and a half. I wouldn't worry too much, just pick a few that sound good and stick them down on a a list, it's more than some fifth years will do I assure you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Do you honestly have an idea what you want to do after school? If so research courses in that area. If you don't know what you want to do, you more than likely know what you DON'T want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

thelad95 wrote: »
    Do you honestly have an idea what you want to do after school? If so research courses in that area.
    Start here. And for heavens sake don't start freaking about CAO before you go into fifth year or you will be having panic attacks about whether you closed the answer books correctly by the time you reach the LCS itself!!

Advertisement