Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've Been Chosen (Bioware Horror?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Plot thickens. Leaflets will be handed out at Gamescon and maybe Comic Con as well pointing to seekinghenna.com. Looks like hidden messages can be found that point towards this game. Hhhmmmmm

http://dulfy.net/2014/07/25/help-wanted-with-mysterious-message-seeking-henna/

http://www.seekinghenna.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Got this too. It not a movie no?

brady12 wrote: »
    Got this too. It not a movie no?

Looks like a live action trailer but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

A new IP from Bioware, with a horror/supernatural theme? Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luthion

Live action trailers are a fairly common thing with E.A., because showing actual gameplay for a video game is a really novel concept.

The trailer looks really cheap and uninspired, and the concept seems like a very strange fit for a BioWare project, but the idea sounds like it could be a really cool one for a game. It's definitely piqued my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I cant remember the last time bioware made a actual good game but I am a sucker for horror games so I keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I cant remember the last time bioware made a actual good game but I am a sucker for horror games so I keep an eye on it.

Mass Effect 3: 2012 :)

Cormac... wrote: »

I played through mass effect 2 and 3 both twice and found them to be very meh In my honest opinion. Well presented and visual stunning games but I found them to be very linear and sort of corridor shooter games with a unoriginal story that borrowed too much from the other sci fi tv shows and movies.

Character designs are flawless but thats as much praise as I can give it.

I played through mass effect 2 and 3 both twice and found them to be very meh In my honest opinion.
    You found them so "meh" that you played through them 4 times and clocked up potentially more than 200+ hours worth of gameplay? O.o

I played through mass effect 2 and 3 both twice and found them to be very meh In my honest opinion. Well presented and visual stunning games but I found them to be very linear and sort of corridor shooter games with a unoriginal story that borrowed too much from the other sci fi tv shows and movies.

Character designs are flawless but thats as much praise as I can give it.

I concede they weren't on a par with lets say Bioshock or Borderland series gameplay wise, though the squad elements worked well once you got the hang of them. They are a bit corridor shootery, but they are still "good" games. Maybe not best of the decade, but still good entries in any gaming library.

Also no way any/either of them are 50hours long. Last game i remember clocking those kinds of hours up on just the main story we Resi 4 and Zelda

• Advertisement

Luthion wrote: »
    You found them so "meh" that you played through them 4 times and clocked up potentially more than 200+ hours worth of gameplay? O.o

Where did you get 200+ hours out of ?

Bet the game first time takes about 20 hours and skipping all cutscenes second time just to tie up all the relationships to see where they any different.

Been awhile since I last played it but I cant imagine how ME can hold 200h worth of content

Bet the game first time takes about 20 hours and skipping all cutscenes second time just to tie up all the relationships to see where they any different.

I just youtubed them all, after I bedded the predictably boring "Missionary Miranda" :pac:

I just youtubed them all, after I bedded the predictably boring "Missionary Miranda" :pac:

when you cheat on a fungus with a blue chick you know why Sheppard was titled commander ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

haha, good one! :pac:

Where did you get 200+ hours out of ?

I must have taken them really slow, because most of my single playthroughs (excluding DLC) took at least 50 hours each. So I just multipled that by 4.

It just seems like a lot of time either way, to play that much of something which is "meh". Especially more than one. Though I'll admin it's not as bad as the guy I once spoke to who was very vocal about how crap he considered Call of Duty to be... with a gameplay time of 300 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I must have taken them really slow, because most of my single playthroughs (excluding DLC) took at least 50 hours each. So I just multipled that by 4.

It just seems like a lot of time either way, to play that much of something which is "meh". Especially more than one. Though I'll admin it's not as bad as the guy I once spoke to who was very vocal about how crap he considered Call of Duty to be... with a gameplay time of 300 hours.

about 40something hours per full playthrough for me, and that's doing everything including the side missions, flying here and there to scavenge and all the dlcs - plus multiplayer if you choose to play it, i've racked up over a thousand hours with the game according to origin. So i agree with your original comment :)

Lol its normally how I play games though there is alot of other times Would annoy me more than others that would make quit straight away but that is very rare.

Seen someone recommend looking them up on youtube , kinda wish I thought of that now :L

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the entire game is on youtube, cutscenes only and it's about 12 hours long

yeah, here's the one i mean part 1 of four, 3x 4hour + episodes and 1x 2 hour finale

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Good ould Bioware!

Just got another teaser email. Looks like the reveal will be during gamescon.

• Advertisement

The 3rd teaser is out hhhhhmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I love YouTube. The comments in 9url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUoqlvQ9SM8]this version[/url] have this made before we even know what it is. "red circle, blue circle, green circle... good job bioware"!

And another alluding to a kickstarter game called Project Awakened, a superhero building game, which seems to have shut down and refunded it's backers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So Evolve, on a smaller scale?

I'll definitely give it a go though, as Mass Effect 3 had fantastic multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Pft - all that hype through them little "You've been Chosen" clips... and it's just practically the same as Fable Legends <_<;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

So yeah, this has been cancelled. To be honest, I had forgotten about it completely until I saw the news on Feedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am glad it has been cancelled. It looked very generic, very bland, no real identity and worst of all, it was F2P. BioWare are much better developers than to be pandering to the niche markets of DOTA style games these days.

More focus on Mass Effect 4, a sequel to Dragon Age: Inquisition please, and maybe a new KotOR since EA were given the Star Wars license by Disney.

Advertisement