Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've Been Chosen (Bioware Horror?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I know it's backwards looking and there are already too many HD remakes but I'd fecking love a Mass Effect Trilogy on the current gen of consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I know it's backwards looking and there are already too many HD remakes but I'd fecking love a Mass Effect Trilogy on the current gen of consoles.

I cant see too much they could do to the games to make them look better, the new generation console are not that much ahead of the older ones, a few particle effects and some better volumetric lighting but the games are already HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I cant see too much they could do to the games to make them look better, the new generation console are not that much ahead of the older ones, a few particle effects and some better volumetric lighting but the games are already HD.

The "new" consoles are absolutely miles ahead of the 360 and ps3. You are letting nostalgia take over a bit. Go back and play ME1 on the 360. I love the game but its performance is horrific. Single digit fps happens frequently and the pitiful amount of RAM the old system had meant most of the textures loaded off the disk or harddrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i bet you get to have gay sex with a bi sexual ghost of a different race

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kirby wrote: »
    The "new" consoles are absolutely miles ahead of the 360 and ps3. You are letting nostalgia take over a bit. Go back and play ME1 on the 360. I love the game but its performance is horrific. Single digit fps happens frequently and the pitiful amount of RAM the old system had meant most of the textures loaded off the disk or harddrive.

Despite all that, it was still so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They could be remastered at 1080p60 for one. The main concern for further improvements would be the lack of higher resolution textures and better forms of AA on even the PC builds of the games when they were originally released. If these weren't addressed in some form in the remastered package then it would be quite disappointing. Either way, it may be a nice package for those who missed the original trilogy on the previous generation and no longer have the consoles. As it happens, Aaryn Flynn, GM of Bioware Edmonton, commented on a potential feature list awhile back.

As for the addition of "better volumetric lighting", Unreal Engine 3 doesn't support said feature, only a faked effect so neither it nor the addition of some more particle effects would make it any more HD. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

gizmo wrote: »
    They could be remastered at 1080p60 for one. The main concern for further improvements would be the lack of higher resolution textures and better forms of AA on even the PC builds of the games when they were originally released. If these weren't addressed in some form in the remastered package then it would be quite disappointing. Either way, it may be a nice package for those who missed the original trilogy on the previous generation and no longer have the consoles. As it happens, Aaryn Flynn, GM of Bioware Edmonton, commented on a potential feature list awhile back.

As for the addition of "better volumetric lighting", Unreal Engine 3 doesn't support said feature, only a faked effect so neither it nor the addition of some more particle effects would make it any more HD. ;)

Most games struggle to reach 60fps at 1080p on the new consoles, a reason I am going PC only this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Most games struggle to reach 60fps at 1080p on the new consoles, a reason I am going PC only this generation.
    Any potential remastered project would still be running on the old Unreal Engine 3 derived tech so 1080p60 would be fine on the current generation consoles.

Advertisement