Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on Walkway

Options
  • 25-07-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Gardai have the walkway blocked off and are looking for anyone with info as to what might of happened late last night.

Ref Liz Reddy on Twitter

@LilyReddy: Gardaí appeal for information on serious incident at the walkway opposite Kingfisher complex in Waterford between 11.15pm & 12.15am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/teenage-girl-raped-brutal-attack-3913732

Young girl raped down there it seems. That's disgraceful. I hope whoever done it is caught and punished swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is that the alleyway that can be a shortcut to Templars Hall by the Yellow House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is that the alleyway that can be a shortcut to Templars Hall by the Yellow House?

Nope, it's the walkway by the stream out the Tramore road, opposite Kingsfisher and Supervalu/quinn. There's a shortcut up to Cherrymount from there.

There was another rape there a few years back, young girl as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Times like this that capital punishment should be brought back in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Nope, it's the walkway by the stream out the Tramore road, opposite Kingsfisher and Supervalu/quinn. There's a shortcut up to Cherrymount from there.

There was another rape there a few years back, young girl as well.

Damn. Horrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Just heard on the 10am news on wlr it was a sexual assault on a teenager, a 21 year old arrested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

er1983 wrote: »
    Just heard on the 10am news on wlr it was a sexual assault on a teenager, a 21 year old arrested

31 year old according to the independent

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-31-in-custody-over-alleged-sexual-assault-in-waterford-30461437.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I use the walkway the whole time, it doesnt need to be closed, it needs to be cleared and cut. Everything is overgrown and you cant see one side from the other. Its supposed to be cut and made more open once a year, but its been years since it was cut. They fixed a footpath, and decided they didnt have to bother cutting the trees to make everything more visible.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No idle speculation please, if you're going to say something then back it up with news reports.

Train wreck of a thread cleaned up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm not sure why my post got deleted - just a sensible remark about removing the undergrowth that acts as cover.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure why my post got deleted - just a sensible remark about removing the undergrowth that acts as cover.

Mine got removed too cannot understand why as I was stating what links had the news stories.

Cabaal wrote: »
    No idle speculation please, if you're going to say something then back it up with news reports.

Train wreck of a thread cleaned up

Don't understand why mine were deleted as I had mine backed up

Also in this weeks news and star it's states it was a 21 year old arrested & has also been released while file being prepared, crazy!

Advertisement