Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'tis fierce warm outside' August beers

• 25-07-2014 11:05am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since the last summer beers thread crashed and burned (we're such a busy bunch), how about an August beers?

I've thrown up a poll so choose which dates you can make it. If a Sunday wins, I think it might be nice to make it a park BYOB meetup. What do you all think?

Beers? 57 votes

Fri 1 August
    0% 0 votes
    Sat 2 August
    7% 4 votes
    Sun 3 August
    12% 7 votes
    Fri 8 August
    10% 6 votes
    Sat 9 August
    8% 5 votes
    Sun 10 August
    14% 8 votes
    Fri 15 August
    14% 8 votes
    Sat 16 August
    3% 2 votes
    Sun 17 August
    12% 7 votes
    Fri 22 August
    8% 5 votes
    Sat 23 August
    3% 2 votes
    Sun 24 August
    5% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Im able to turn up any Friday and Saturday for the first 3 weekends of Aug. Then im back to Ireland for a while (Guaranteed that the weather will have broken by then!!)

Not a fan of Sunday beers, have to be too careful due to work the next day!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Huzzah, Beers :)

I can do most of those dates. I prefer to avoid Fridays because it means going straight from work and depending on having grub at the venue, but sure I guess we'll see who's available. Sunday afternoon picnic beers also sounds like a grand idea to me, with the weather as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Choices being made on beerses?? I demand moar beers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

\o/ beer in the park

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

How so Joe wrote: »
    Choices being made on beerses?? I demand moar beers!

All the beers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Righty, the 9th and 10th are neck in neck so we might have to flesh this out more. Who would definitely go on the Saturday night? I'm working during the day so wouldn't be able to get anywhere til at least 7.

As for pubs? Here are a few options to discuss:

http://churchillarmskensington.co.uk/
    http://www.starofkings.co.uk/
    http://www.thechelseapensioner.co.uk/
    http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-london/the-george-inn-pub/

Saturday 9th works for me.

Saturday 9th is good! Then you have Sunday for your hangover!

I vote Saturday 9th as well.

If we end up near Kings Cross, the Star Of Kings tends to be quite busy and kinda pricey (or at least that's been the case the couple of times I've been there of a weekend). However, The Queen's Head is at most 10 minutes away and is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Can I come? I'm moving to London this weekend. Saturday 9th is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Can I come? I'm moving to London this weekend. Saturday 9th is perfect.

Yes! Good luck with the move this weekend and keep an eye on the thread for updates :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Any decision on date/venue?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It looks like this weekend is the most popular choice?

All righty then, beers are this Saturday at The Queen's Head (kindly suggested by Fysh).

I should hopefully be there for 7pm but if I'm running late I'll post here in the thread.

Send me a PM with your number if you would like me to text you to confirm on the day.

Otherwise, if you're just rocking up on the night, just look out for me (hint - I look like a less cartoony version of my avatar ;))

Now off with you, post some happy gifs!

235412_5_.jpg

Serious David Tennant face.

Beers!! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Christ, that's a young David Tennant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Friendly neighbourhood beers? I expect to be there

giphy.gif

cool ill be there at some point, maybe around 8-9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Will be watching the Dubs quarter final before heading anywhere, so will probably be there 8:30ish.

beer.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement