Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse Project

Options
  • 25-07-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Any of you beautiful people making the trip across?

Got tickets for the Jon Hopkins/Jamie XX night. Haven't been before and it's something I've always wanted to do, getting to see Hopkins for the first time too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

considering that night too. Four Tet/Caribou and the Dusky nights look good too.

went a few years back when it was in Store Street and it was good, although not amazing or anything. apparently the newer venue was rammed for most nights last year, so dread to think how packed it will be back in Store St.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

It was either that or the Caribou night. Considered the Dixon/Ame night after Hopkins too but think that would be a stretch, financially and physically.

Have heard mixed reports about it too but I'm not getting any younger and it needed crossed off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Personally I wouldn't attend anything run by that crowd. They did Parklife and it was horrific. Two stabbings on the Saturday night and chap beaten to death on the Sunday night.
    They seem infamous for people dying at nights they run (drug overdoses and the like) and are constantly in the Manchester news.

Overcrowded and money orientated.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't attend anything run by that crowd. They did Parklife and it was horrific. Two stabbings on the Saturday night and chap beaten to death on the Sunday night.
    They seem infamous for people dying at nights they run (drug overdoses and the like) and are constantly in the Manchester news.

Overcrowded and money orientated.
    To be fair the deaths were due to the fact that there were PMA pills going round at the time, which the organisers couldn't do much about. They got very bad press after that and they sorted out their act a bit. I went in November last year, on a sellout night, and I have to admit I was pretty apprehensive about it, having heard about severe overcrowding, overheating, 30-minute long queues to get to the smoking area or bar, and so on. I saw none of this; in fact, it was possibly the airiest, most spacious venue I'd been in for a gig, and the queues for the bar and smoking area were literally non-existent. Sound was good and the venue was cool.

The only downside was that the security was draconian. This is often the case in the UK and it can be a bit of a culture shock for Irish punters when they have their wallets and smoke boxes checked going into clubs, but it's pretty extreme even by British standards. As a result, if you're not connected you mightn't get sorted with fun stuff, which seems pretty bizarre at a dance gig.

This was just one night so obviously YMMV, but if there are some nights that interest you - and there are some serious lineups in there - I'd personally recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Don't think their nights would appeal at this stage to be honest. Did all my clubbing/raving in the 90's so will just give them a wide berth.
    Was just my point of view and having been at Parklife and seen the crowd and the queues (hours to get in) and the overcrowding, its not something that I wish to repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Cheers for the insight guys, was well aware of the Parklife happenings and read stuff online about crowding. The Hopkins night might not necessarily attract the rougher element so I'm hoping for a pleasant experience.

Advertisement