Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal age for loosing virginity

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

It was '91 when I lost mine. I think a lot of Irish guys seem to have ridiculous expectations with the opposite sex these days, judging from the conversations I'd overhear in the gym.

Come on, give us examples...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I was 14 when I lost my virginity and I know it is an individual thing and I certainly don't regret it but I think it was a bit too young. I think 16 and above is quite a good age in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I was 14 when I lost my virginity and I know it is an individual thing and I certainly don't regret it but I think it was a bit too young. I think 16 and above is quite a good age in general.

Any age is a good age, really - sure Pumpkin above was 91. She must have great oul' bone-structure. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Come on, give us examples...

No, I'm too cranky from the sun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

There is a big difference between being sexually active having lost your virginity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I was 14 too, it was also the night I took ecstasy for the first time. I don't think it was too young to have sex, for me personally, but was definitely too young for the latter thing. Still, was quite an experience. The second time I had sex was probably the most disappointing experience of my life however, "what the **** was that... wheres the non stop 4 hours of riding and constant all over full body orgasms ..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yeah why don't people understand the difference between "lose" and "loose"?! Jaysus.

Can we add it to the curriculum?

Well, if you lose it more than once, it's probably loose:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah why don't people understand the difference between "lose" and "loose"?! Jaysus.

Can we add it to the curriculum?

I'm pretty sure it's a typo most of the time. Brings a lot of attention up because the typo that occurs is of a word which is used of context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'm pretty sure it's a typo most of the time. Brings a lot of attention up because the typo that occurs is of a word which is used of context.

I'd say the vast majority of loose/lose, your/you're, there/their/they're things are just typos. I do it occasionally I'm sure, I know perfectly well which word to use but I'm not writing job applications on this site, even if I notice a typo like this I often won't bother changing it, it's pretty clear from the context what is meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

How can you not have got the ride by 26?

I lost mine at 16. I would imagine the most common age is from 17-19. 19's quite late though thinking about it given the fact you might be out of school two years.

Depends on your social situation too. If you're in some rural town hanging about all summer unless you have a girlfriend then the chances of getting a shag might be considerably diminished. If you're out a lot in a busy spot then you get more chances- higher possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I lost mine at 17 and considered myself pretty late getting into the game, but I wasn't in a rush. I don't think there is a 'normal' age though. Just, like, whenever you want or are ready. My best friend didn't do the deed until he was 26 and nobody saw a problem with that, why should they? He's 28 now and actually regrets it, since it was a one night stand and since he waited that long he might as well have kept it for someone he cared about.

A lot of people in college would either be in steady relationships or out looking to ride everything that moves. It doesn't surprise me at all that 75% would be sexually active. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you if you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

antodeco wrote: »
    Find out the average age of boards users and that should give the average age of most virgins :p

:pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

antodeco wrote: »
    Find out the average age of boards users and that should give the average age of most virgins :p

:pac:

The phrase "He wouldn't get a slide in Switzerland" springs to mind:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Mr. Talk wrote: »
    I have read a recent report that said that nearly three quarters of Irish college students were sexually active. I don't believe that for a second. Do You??????? I am 19 years old and I am still a virgin. I'm sure that most of my friends are too.

You're problem is that you are all talk Mr. ...er,...Talk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

My best friend didn't do the deed until he was 26 and nobody saw a problem with that, why should they?

Nothing wrong with that per say.
    However with life being life and being cruel and all that, with each passing day you run the risk of :eek: ... dying a virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

However with life being life and being cruel and all that, with each passing day you run the risk of :eek: ... dying a virgin.

Yeah that would probably suck but on the bright side, when you're dead you won't have the capacity to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

jimgoose wrote: »
    There's a lot of talk, boasting, gentlemen-your-knobs-on-the-table-please, bullock's notions and putting legs under oul' hens going on at that age. In reality, you'll find the loudest fella who has ostensibly conquered the most ladies is the most like a dog chasing a car - even if he did catch the odd one he'd have had no idea what to do with it. ;)

There are people who lie and say that they are virgins too.
    Just throwing it out there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Written on your gravestone "Returned unopened".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Maybe your friends are part of the percent that are virgins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I've stopped worrying about the average age. Can anyone tell me what the upper bounds are?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

That's mad. I lost mine at 16 and a good lot of my friends had lost theirs well before that. Most of them behind the stands in Old Wesley :D

Sorry Buzz, never seen your message. :P

Yeah, I'm sure a load of them were at it in school when I was too preoccupied with other things. Tbh it never really bothered me one way or another, I never felt pressurised to lose it. When it happened, I wanted it to happen. I have no regrets about losing it when I did or not losing it before hand, I think it happened at the right time with the right person. :P How cheesy is that?

I don't think there's a right age, it's whenever you are comfortable with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

I 'lost' it when i was 20 and considered myself late lol
    However i wanted to do it with the right guy - one who id really fancy so no regrets about it, he was great :)

we r still friends even after we broke up, but i remember how some girls from our circle of friends were very jealous for me being with him, his 'ranking' was really high :D:D
    so yea, no regrets, guess it was just right time for me :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was 20. Id believe the 75% statistic. A lot of my friends are in relationships and having regular sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

He's 28 now and actually regrets it, since it was a one night stand and since he waited that long he might as well have kept it for someone he cared about.

Kept what exactly? A load of nervousness followed by you blowing your load in two minutes?

FTA69 wrote: »
    Kept what exactly? A load of nervousness followed by you blowing your load in two minutes?

Get you, stud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Mr. Talk wrote: »
    I have read a recent report that said that nearly three quarters of Irish college students were sexually active. I don't believe that for a second. Do You??????? I am 19 years old and I am still a virgin. I'm sure that most of my friends are too.

College is from 18 till 22 usually. Most of my college mates were or had been sexually active. It is the whole of college not just first year so yes. I was 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Personally lost mine at 15, though, I do regret it, as I should have waited till I was older and more mature. Average among my group of friends seems to be around 16. However, even if someone is a virgin at 19, that's nothing to be ashamed of, you gotta wait for the right person, I didn't, and I regret not waiting for the right person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I met a girl one night, she said she'd lost her virginity, but then she said I could use the box it came in, ha

Sorry

Personally lost mine at 15, though, I do regret it, as I should have waited till I was older and more mature. Average among my group of friends seems to be around 16. However, even if someone is a virgin at 19, that's nothing to be ashamed of, you gotta wait for the right person, I didn't, and I regret not waiting for the right person.

Are you a man or a woman?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Personally lost mine at 15, though, I do regret it, as I should have waited till I was older and more mature..

My best friend lost it when we were 15.. Tbh i didn't understand her at that time..but i went with her to clinic for after pill couple of times and remember her state, and my state.. Also she got pregnant and then her father had to take her to abortion, not a pleasant experience for a 17yo.
    My other best friend did it at 16, she got pregnant and had a child..
    Even her daughter is a gorgeous girl i saw what all she had to go through cause of that, not only cause that immature guy yes of course just walked away...

Advertisement