Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal age for loosing virginity

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I lost mine at 15, Most my mates would have been 15-17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

If it still doesn't work out or if you need a little practice vice have a practical solution for you

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Are you a man or a woman?
    I'm a guy, though, even though it doesn't matter as much as if I was a woman, I still regret not waiting for the right person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

I'm a guy, though, even though it doesn't matter as much as if I was a woman, I still regret not waiting for the right person.

m sorry if i kind-of replied to your post assuming you are a female :d), not that it really makes a big difference but still, i could relate to it because of my two friends : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Just wondering. I'm a fella, lost it to some lass who I never saw again afterwards and can hand on heart say I couldn't care less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm 20 now, lost mine at 16, but that was down to sheer drunken madness and most acts since have been down to drunken madness!

I wouldn't worry about it at all if you haven't lost it, plus a tonne of people lie through their teeth. But that said, to my knowledge all of my friends in college have lost theirs, maybe one or two who haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

FTA69 wrote: »
    Kept what exactly? A load of nervousness followed by you blowing your load in two minutes?

You'd have to ask him bro.

That's not what it was like when I lost it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I've never really got this 'wait for the right person' 'make it special' mindset. It seems to be giving a gravitas to having sex for the first time that is unhealthy and unhelpful to my mind. Even if the first time was with the wrong person and wasn't 'special'... so what? You haven't lost anything. You still get to have sex with the right person where it is special at some point after that.

Yeah, I think this whole expectation or insistence that the first time should be a special candy and rainbows and fireworks and unicorns moment is really unhealthy and probably causes some young people a lot of unnecessary and superimposed difficulties.

Really think that mindset should be discouraged rather than lionized.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Personally I don't agree with the above, I wouldn't either encourage or discourage that mindset, everyone's different.

My first time could be regarded as 'special'. It was with my first love and it was the first time for the both of us. It was a great experience, and even though we've both long since broken up and are with different partners, I wouldn't change a thing. It was a great evening and a nice memory to have. The fact that it was the first time for both of us definitely lends some weight to that memory that might not otherwise be there.

strobe wrote: »
    I've never really got this 'wait for the right person' 'make it special' mindset.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to share the moment with someone special if that's whats important to you. As long as peoples expectations are realistic, I don't see the harm.

Everybodys different, it's just more meaningful to some than others, neither is more right or wrong than the other.

• Advertisement

I've never really got this 'wait for the right person' 'make it special' mindset. It seems to be giving a gravitas to having sex for the first time that is unhealthy and unhelpful to my mind. Even if the first time was with the wrong person and wasn't 'special'... so what? You haven't lost anything. You still get to have sex with the right person where it is special at some point after that.

Yeah, I think this whole expectation or insistence that the first time should be a special candy and rainbows and fireworks and unicorns moment is really unhealthy and probably causes some young people a lot of unnecessary and superimposed difficulties.

I imagine it's the type of person who lights candles for a bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I imagine it's the type of person who lights candles for a bath.

Fcuking love candles and baths and bubbles and penguins. ^___^

Damn you!!! :mad: Now I want a bubble bath with loads of candles and penguins. :(

Fcuking love candles and baths and bubbles and penguins. ^___^

Damn you!!! :mad: Now I want a bubble bath with loads of candles and penguins. :(

When did you have your first bath? I was very young. Wish I'd waited now don't remember much about it.

I've never really got this 'wait for the right person' 'make it special' mindset.

presume from guy's perspective it can not matter at all lol
    from girls - well at least mine - the "right" person was someone i was feeling comfortable with meaning i trusted him and knew he s not gonna hurt me lol and he was patient and gentle, but the attraction was very strong both ways so ya, i love to have that in my memory : )...

When did you have your first bath? I was very young. Wish I'd waited now don't remember much about it.

You should have waited, I had my first one last year, it was magical.

ps.
    yea it didn't mean i thought id spend the rest of my life with him :d))...
    (though my friend in a college had a relationship like that, i have to say i talked with her guy couple of times and yes it wasn't easy for him at all :rolleyes:... but they are still together so, no rules most likely.............)

I think there's a bit of confusion in this thread. I don't really believe in 'the one' or waiting until you're married or anything like that. I wasn't even in a relationship when I lost mine, it just felt right so I went with. I didn't lose it before that because I just wasn't comfortable and waited until I met someone I was mad about. We were seeing each other for 2 weeks when it happened, I just went with it.

That's what I meant about my post. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

I was 26:), was always terribly embarressed by a birthmark I had on my neck, sounds silly but affected my self esteem and self image in a huge way growing up making me extremely anxious depressed and all that, Never wore any open neck shirts etc, warm days were a nightmare. Could of lost it on numerous other occasions when I was younger but always shy-ed away and avoided it, I've somewhat accepted my appearance now and a bit more comfortable in my own skin nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

She put her hands around it, it was still hard despite the intense heat in the air, she grabbed the wrapper out of my hands and took it off with her teeth seductively, and she groaned with intense pleasure when she stuck it in her mouth......

She stole my moro :(

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kamik

I would think that your attitude towards sex would be more unhealthy than what your considerations suggest.
    The majority of people (both male and female) consider the act of making love quite special. That first act is a milestone in their lives, similar to first steps, first kiss, etc. It should be special and memorable for the right reasons. You are sharing body fluids for the first time ever, ideally, with someone you genuinely care about, and they about you!
    Passionately making love to each other, instead of just having sex for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I had opportunities to before it happened that I was aware of at the time and didn't want to do it with the girls involved. Look it's different for everyone. I ended up waiting 3/4 years after my first real chance before I actually did it and I've no regrets, it wasn't some drunken fumble that i wouldnt remember, wasn't waiting for "the one" either, just when it felt right and I felt I was ready myself.

Sex is over rated.
    A good shíte is underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yeah why don't people understand the difference between "lose" and "loose"?! Jaysus.

Can we add it to the curriculum?

That wouldn't make any difference. They're all too busy having sex to learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

antodeco wrote: »
    Find out the average age of boards users and that should give the average age of most virgins :p

:pac:

1344-Level_19_Virgin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

antodeco wrote: »
    Find out the average age of boards users and that should give the average age of most virgins :p

:pac:

OMG. I'm a big durty virgin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Kamik wrote: »
    I would think that your attitude towards sex would be more unhealthy than what your considerations suggest.
    The majority of people (both male and female) consider the act of making love quite special. That first act is a milestone in their lives, similar to first steps, first kiss, etc. It should be special and memorable for the right reasons. You are sharing body fluids for the first time ever, ideally, with someone you genuinely care about, and they about you!
    Passionately making love to each other, instead of just having sex for the sake of it.

But why? Why does it have to mean something? And I would have to say you're wrong about the opinion that the majority of people see it as special. And I've yet to know anybody who calls it love making :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Sex that means nothing is just like going to the toilet. Just another bodily function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mr. Talk

That's mad. I lost mine at 16 and a good lot of my friends had lost theirs well before that. Most of them behind the stands in Old Wesley :D
    But how do you know they lost it. Were you actually watching them. If so that is strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mr. Talk

I was 22, my friends lots it around 16. :P
    Lots of you are speaking for your friends. How do you know when they lost it??????

Mr. Talk wrote: »
    Lots of you are speaking for your friends. How do you know when they lost it??????

I talk to them sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

I was 12.

I was walking along the street and a limo pulled up with 10 Brazilian models and asked me for directions. I gave them directions to my bedroom and boned them for about 15 hours. They couldn't handle anymore.

Advertisement