Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal age for loosing virginity

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

do gay people lose there virginity ?

HONEST QUESTION

No, they can have all the sex and remain virgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It does'nt take a study to know that teenagers are having sex younger these days.
    Geez walk down the road and you can see alot of 14 year olds dressing WELL too revealing. Now lets be honest, the teenage boys who know such girls are going to be getting hard-ons and chasing them.

I honestly think you'd have to search a bit to find an 18 year old virgin these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

14 when i lost my virginity.. it was a lot of nervous fumbling but we managed... practice helps it improve :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Coolsteam

It does'nt take a study to know that teenagers are having sex younger these days.
    Geez walk down the road and you can see alot of 14 year olds dressing WELL too revealing. Now lets be honest, the teenage boys who know such girls are going to be getting hard-ons and chasing them.

I honestly think you'd have to search a bit to find an 18 year old virgin these days.

Do you think teenagers are having sex earlier now than 2004?

Coolsteam wrote: »
    Do you think teenagers are having sex earlier now than 2004?

2004? why the random year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Lost mine at 18 to a Hot Spanish lady.

Man, she was one psycho beatch :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

10 years ago.

I picked the year that was 10 years ago. What evidence is there that teenagers in 2014 are having sex earlier than 2004? I 'd say what's going on is you're getting older and teenagers seem younger which clouds your judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

If you're a virgin in your mid-20's then you need to get out there and get some. Then get some more, and some more, and some more. Seriously. I've lived a pretty varied life so far, with many interesting, profound and intense experiences, but nothing, and I mean nothing, comes close to having good sex. There's many fine experiences to be had, psychedelics, music, the ocean, quality food, you name it. But there's only one boss when it comes to pleasure. Don't waste any more time. And fcuk all of that **** about waiting for the right person. I'm in a long-term relationship with the love of my life, but I have no regrets about what I used to get up to with people that I barely remember. Just use protection, respect yourself and respect your partner.

I picked the year that was 10 years ago. What evidence is there that teenagers in 2014 are having sex earlier than 2004? I 'd say what's going on is you're getting older and teenagers seem younger which clouds your judgement.

... or I have a pair of eyes in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

The wearing of skimpy clothes doesn't necessarily mean they're having sex. I wore skimpy clothes at 14 too - "the 'sluttier' the better was kinda our motto. :pac:
    But we weren't having sex.

Magaggie wrote: »
    The wearing of skimpy clothes doesn't necessarily mean they're having sex. I wore skimpy clothes at 14 too - "the 'sluttier' the better was kinda our motto. :pac:
    But we weren't having sex.

if fairness, did you walk down the road with see through black leggings and a big thong showing?

Edit.: I've snipped my comment because if people didn't realise I was joking I could have a mob at my door.

No I didn't wear see-through leggings and a thong, but I wore really short hot pants and really low-cut/tight tops and dresses. It was the early 90s and skin-tight lycra dresses were all in.
    Edit.: I've snipped my comment because if people didn't realise I was joking I could have a mob at my door.
    Saw it! :pac:

... or I have a pair of eyes in my head.

Did you have eye sin 2004? Lots and lots of 13 year olds having sex back then? What makes you think there is more now than then?

Did you have eye sin 2004? Lots and lots of 13 year olds having sex back then? What makes you think there is more now than then?

It's funny coolstream because you are basically saying that teenagers having sex will always & forever stay at the same ages?

So average age of teens doing it in 2014. Will be the same in 2054. Will be the same in 2114.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I was 23 when I lost mine and considered myself very old losing it.

I wasn't ashamed as it wasn't through lack of opportunity as I had several but I decided to wait till I found the woman I wanted to spend my life with. She also was a virgin at the time. Didn't last but that's neither here nor there.......I thought it would!

It's unlikely a 13year old or even a 17 year old lost it as they were in love with the person. Thats my 2c anyway!

No I didn't wear see-through leggings and a thong, but I wore really short hot pants and really low-cut/tight tops and dresses. It was the early 90s and skin-tight lycra dresses were all in.

Saw it! :pac:

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

If you're a virgin in your mid-20's then you need to get out there and get some. Then get some more, and some more, and some more. Seriously. I've lived a pretty varied life so far, with many interesting, profound and intense experiences, but nothing, and I mean nothing, comes close to having good sex. There's many fine experiences to be had, psychedelics, music, the ocean, quality food, you name it. But there's only one boss when it comes to pleasure. Don't waste any more time. And fcuk all of that **** about waiting for the right person. I'm in a long-term relationship with the love of my life, but I have no regrets about what I used to get up to with people that I barely remember. Just use protection, respect yourself and respect your partner.

In your opinion, of course. Strange how you might think you're so 'open minded', and yet, you don't seem at all open to the possibility or allow for the fact that other people might have a different opinion to your own.

I've lived a pretty varied life so far, with many interesting, profound and intense experiences, but nothing, and I mean nothing, comes close to having good sex. There's many fine experiences to be had, psychedelics, music, the ocean, quality food, you name it. But there's only one boss when it comes to pleasure. Don't waste any more time.
    For some people though, good sex is only good sex with people they really like, and casual encounters are rarely that.

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    In your opinion, of course. Strange how you might think you're so 'open minded', and yet, you don't seem at all open to the possibility or allow for the fact that other people might have a different opinion to your own.

Of course it's my opinion. Every one of my posts on this site are my opinion. I'm not writing academic essays. I'm not striving for objectivity. It's fine that you don't agree with me, many people won't. But I'm not speaking for all of us. I'm speaking for myself.

And where did I say I was 'open-minded'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Still hoping it'll be next year.

For some people though, good sex is only good sex with people they really like, and casual encounters are rarely that.

I agree. But for some people good sex will be just that, good sex. But at least find out what sex means for you. Don't spend your life waiting for that perfect moment, because you're missing out. Honestly, I've seen people at pains over their virginity, and it bugs me, because they're denying themselves one of the most powerful forms of self-expression and physical gratification.

Of course, that's only my opinion. ;)

I agree. But for some people good sex will be just that, good sex.
    Yeh for some people it doesn't have to be with someone they really like in order for it to be really great.
    But at least find out what sex means for you. Don't spend your life waiting for that perfect moment, because you're missing out.
    If waiting to lose virginity perhaps, but not going out there and having lots of casual sex isn't missing out if you know casual sex with someone you're only "meh" about will just be underwhelming.

It's funny coolstream because you are basically saying that teenagers having sex will always & forever stay at the same ages?

So average age of teens doing it in 2014. Will be the same in 2054. Will be the same in 2114.

I'm not saying the average won't change, I'm saying you're falling into the trap you thinking everything is more extreme now. For example in 2001 people drank significantly more than they do now and more than they did in 2007, let's not use the economy as a false cause of the drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

When the time is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Of course it's my opinion. Every one of my posts on this site are my opinion. I'm not writing academic essays. I'm not striving for objectivity. It's fine that you don't agree with me, many people won't. But I'm not speaking for all of us. I'm speaking for myself.
    And where did I say I was 'open-minded'?

I do apologize, I thought you were actually speaking from experience and knew what you were talking about.

Just the usual bullshìt then? Cool.

I do apologize, I thought you were actually speaking from experience and knew what you were talking about.

Just the usual bullshìt then? Cool.

That makes no sense in the context of our exchange. If you don't want to continue with this conversation then just say so. There's no need to personally insult me. I didn't do that to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Is there a normal age? I was 16 losing mine and it just happened I wasnt ready or unready

Advertisement