Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a small bitof help guys

Options
  • 25-07-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Looking to track down an oven element for a neighbour of mine.I am located in Norh cork limerick area .

Oven is about 14 years old(he thinks) Hoover in make no serial model number etc nothing visible on door frames or inside covers etc.

I cannot seem to track down one please have a look at the attached pictures somebody might be able to help me
    Its the curve leading to the lugs that is causing me the trouble plenty of elements with flat piece to mounting bracket.
    If i was to use one of those it would hit the circulating fan.
    Money is tight for the chap only doing it for a favour because of his small children guy is actually stuck using a neighbours oven.

Thanks guys hope somebody can help

@mods feel free to move this thread if you think im in wrong forum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

That is a common element, some candy ovens use them and delonghi ovens also. Your local appliance spares is your best bet, bring the element with you. If you are not in a hurry ebay or other online sites will be cheaper, just a wait for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Is it tried a couple sites could not find it also went to local wholesale had about 20 types he never had seen it.

Thanks though ill google again Sir Arthur, just looked for delonghi spares about the second or third one i looked at looks quite similiar
    Thanks for that

Had yours 3 brackets attached to the element?

Yes it did screws rusted onto backplate.I just removed it so i could run to my local supplier with it in my hand

When you say your wholesale you tried were they an appliance spares?

• Advertisement

Well he is a Euronics agent as well as electrical wholesaler.Usually has was you need for washing machines dishwashers etc .
    He did take pictures and measurements to contact his own parts supplier

Is there a wattage stamped on the old one? "2500W" maybe?

Due to corrosion on it i am unable to read anything from it

It would be etched into it fairly well, try sanding down the corrosion see will it show up anything.

No nothing at all sanded down did not reveal anything
    Thanks anyway for advice

• Advertisement

Can you put up a pic(s) of the oven and i can go through my parts catalogues and match up and get a model number for you.

Ok will do that when i get home will be later tonight

Thanks

Here is a picture of the oven

That model number is HDO725. The element in the pic in your first post is a 3 turn one i.e it has 3 circles. Were the ones in the place you went to 2 turn ones maybe? Its a 2000watt element you are looking for.

Thanks for that:pac: No the ones my guy had were 3 turns just not long enough

Handy you have access to those manuals.
    If you have a link to any sites you recommend please pm me or throw it up

Many Thanks Sir Arthur

crasy dash wrote: »
    Thanks for that:pac: No the ones my guy had were 3 turns just not long enough

How do you mean not long enough as a circle is round ? :o

Diameter of element was fine.
    The distance from the two ends to mouting bracket was too short would interfere with circulating fan.
    As you can see in the pic the element ends are at an angle not flat like most elements.

The distance from the two ends to mouting bracket was too short would interfere with circulating fan.

How much short were they?

Have a look at the picture i will post below you can see for yourself

• Advertisement

The mounting bracket looks to be mounted the same in both, there is a difference in angle alright. Is the new element fouling much?

Yes there is about 30-35mm of a difference.
    Mounted it just to check and it was hitting fins on the fan so no use to me:rolleyes:

Still searching for the element though ill track one down sooner or later

You will get some give in the element, the old one is possibly out of shape, especiallly if the old brackets had rotted away. Can you describe bettter where the 30-35mm indifference is?

Measurement from earth tab on mounting plate to outer edge of element, can be seen in the two pics i posted half an hour ago.

Ya thought myself i might get a bit of play so i mounted it but no good unfortunately.Not to worry will figure something out havent been at it since friday trying To locate the part is being fun:p

http://www.hooverspares.co.uk/product/49013542/2000+Watt+Circular+Fan+Oven+Heating+Element

I think this might be suitable angle may not be correct but should have enough clearance hard to know without measurements

I would have no issue in pushing out the mounting of the new element to match the angle of the old one.

I would have no issue in pushing out the mounting of the new element to match the angle of the old one.

Ignore this reread your post there i misunderstood sleepy eyes haha

Take new one the legs of the element are roughly 75 degrees to the floor. second one the legs are roughly 45 degree to the floor. The old element may well be deformed. One would think the new one would be right but with non genuine parts fitment do not be bang on all the time.

Take new one the legs of the element are roughly 75 degrees to the floor. second one the legs are roughly 45 degree to the floor. The old element may well be deformed. One would think the new one would be right but with non genuine parts fitment do not be bang on all the time.

That is true might order the one i linked to and let you know how i get on its only 22 pounds so not the end of the world if it is wrong anyway

That is true might order the one i linked to and let you know how i get on its only 22 pounds so not the end of the world if it is wrong anyway

The one you linked is unclear to be fair about it. I would stick with an appliance repair shop here on this one. You will not damage it by altering the angle.

• Advertisement

Closest repair centre is an hour each way for me,this is only a favour im doing for a guy in need.

Emailed several places none got back to me sent images of oven and element i need surely somebody might recognise it.

Was left on hold for ten min by one company on Dublin so it feels like i am a dog chasing my own tail

Thanks for all the replies though Arthur they are very much appreciated i know i will get there in the end hopefully

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement