Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

PARlance wrote: »
    I hadn't read that article, or any of those articles, this forum is enough/too much :)...If Baines' passes keep failing that'd be great, I'll allow him the odd successful one as long as Seamie is at the end of it ;) don't think doubling up on them down the line is a bad idea either.

I was tempted once my Saints double up dries up, but I'm not sure I would want double Everton for Spurs A, Man City A, Southampton A within five matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Montero looked good yesterday against Arsenal, he was running rings arounds Chambers. Does anyone know much about him?

I have 5.7 to spend on a midfielder and I'm thinking about getting him in for Swanseas nice run of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone considering Ox Chamberlain? I know seems a bit crazy looking at his returns but to me he's looked v dangerous lately and good potential for points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone considering Ox Chamberlain? I know seems a bit crazy looking at his returns but to me he's looked v dangerous lately and good potential for points

I haven't watch too much of Arsenal, but they seem to lack confidence at the minute - since the game against Anderlecht. They seem to be not taking their chances. I have Sanchez and I feel that a second Arsenal attacker is overkill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

ben davies on my watchlist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Can't remember which thread we eh we're discussing Robbie Brady on, and a few have already gone with him and relieved to see him start as well as Robertson vs Spurs. However I've just read on FFS that Mo Diame was out injured and due to return for the United game. He has been their LM and I thought Brady ahead got the nod ahead of him for spurs.

If he returns it effectively a Brady or Robertson situation again, and vs United I'd expect Bruce to go with the recognised full back.

Still on the watchlist Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Can't remember which thread we eh we're discussing Robbie Brady on, and a few have already gone with him and relieved to see him start as well as Robertson vs Spurs. However I've just read on FFS that Mo Diame was out injured and due to return for the United game. He has been their LM and I thought Brady ahead got the nod ahead of him for spurs.

If he returns it effectively a Brady or Robertson situation again, and vs United I'd expect Bruce to go with the recognised full back.

I'm actually considering diame as my 5th midfielder upgrade from Marney for the Xmas . If i recall hull have decent Xmas games and I think I want to go with 8 attacking options I'm happy with to cover rotation

Hasn't Diame been playing in the hole?

Hasn't Diame been playing in the hole?

Left of a three man middle with wing backs is how it's usually presented on ffs I think. But in practice you could well be right. The formation was changed for Spurs though so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm actually considering diame as my 5th midfielder upgrade from Marney for the Xmas . If i recall hull have decent Xmas games and I think I want to go with 8 attacking options I'm happy with to cover rotation

Swansea (h) 20/12 ; Sunderland (a) 26/12 ; Leicester (h) 28/12 ; Everton (h) 01/01. :cool:.

But how can you be sure that your players won't be dropped for the same game? Is it just a matter of reducing the risk by having an extra decent player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Swansea (h) 20/12 ; Sunderland (a) 26/12 ; Leicester (h) 28/12 ; Everton (h) 01/01. :cool:.

But how can you be sure that your players won't be dropped for the same game? Is it just a matter of reducing the risk by having an extra decent player?

Ye the idea is to have an extra decent player and hope they don't all get rotated at the same time. Diame would be on my bench but would come in if any of the main front 7 miss out. They are decent fixtures for Hull .

iroced wrote: »

Leicester at home the only game that stands out in terms of goal scoring potential there for me, but yeah as 1st sub you could do worse, I'm looking at a 5th mid option for this period and he's definitely an option

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Leicester's Matty James is another cheap as chips 4.4 mid to add to the list. Been getting his 90 minutes now that he's back fit and if I recall peppered a few shots at goal last weekend. Unless something happens Boyd though he's got some work to do. I've got an eye on him though

Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Coutinho

Never heard of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

CSF wrote: »
    Never heard of him

I have! He's the guy who never gets any points when I have him :mad:

he's got a goal and 2 assists in the last 3, and is nailed on it seems. interesting at 7.6

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

he's got a goal and 2 assists in the last 3, and is nailed on it seems. interesting at 7.6

Once Sturridge and another(?) forward are back up front for Liverpool I'd say he'll be rotated with Sterling, Lallana, Allen, and Markovic to an extent. He'll average 60ish minutes for most of the rest of the season. And he doesn't score enough goals for the amount of shots he takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Coutinho

I'm up the creek with you. Hopefully he pushes on.

Once Sturridge and another(?) forward are back up front for Liverpool I'd say he'll be rotated with Sterling, Lallana, Allen, and Markovic to an extent. He'll average 60ish minutes for most of the rest of the season. And he doesn't score enough goals for the amount of shots he takes.

he was an unattractive fpl proposition b4, due to a combination of being regularly rotated and being played out of position; he's now a regular starter and playing in his favorite position the role-in-the-hole (definitely his best position i.m.o.), so his prospects are much improved. remains to be seen how Sturridge's return will affect the shape, but the here and now is where the points are at and for now i think Coutinho is an excellent option

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    I'm up the creek with you. Hopefully he pushes on.

i have Sterling! if i didn't, i may well have got in Coutinho, but he's very much on my radar all the same, what with a shiny Wildcard fluttering wantonly in the wind

i have Sterling! if i didn't, i may well have got in Coutinho, but he's very much on my radar all the same, what with a shiny Wildcard fluttering wantonly in the wind

Hahahaha..one man boat.

He is a good option till Sturridge returns so hopefully it pays off

Hahahaha..one man boat.

He is a good option till Sturridge returns so hopefully it pays off

might well keep the role he has now when Studge returns. nice differential to have for now anyway i think

Young out for 'many weeks'. Luke Shaw should be nailed on for Uniteds decent fixtures in Jan. I think I may have found my Zab replacement till WC and possibly beyond.

Young out for 'many weeks'. Luke Shaw should be nailed on for Uniteds decent fixtures in Jan. I think I may have found my Zab replacement till WC and possibly beyond.

Very expensive though. 5.7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not sure why you would go with Shaw over Jones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think Shaw would have been playing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure why you would go with Shaw over Jones?

was just going to ask opinions on this ? if Shaw is played as a wing back he may be worth the .5 extra BUT lvg said he only played wing backs as rafael and Shaw were out..........think I'll go with Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    was just going to ask opinions on this ? if Shaw is played as a wing back he may be worth the .5 extra BUT lvg said he only played wing backs as rafael and Shaw were out..........think I'll go with Jones

Jones is/was a Bonus magnet for united, but the thing is they only have 6 clean sheets so far this season, and 4 were against teams in the bottom 6, fortunately they play QPR, Leicester and Burnley in 3 of the next 5 games.

Shaw's playing time could be affected when Rojo gets back fit.

• Advertisement

Jones or De Gea are the best options on Its defence. .

Rafael would be great but not sure LVG is too keen on him especially with the Coleman interest.

Jones or De Gea are the best options on Its defence. .

Rafael would be great but not sure LVG is too keen on him especially with the Coleman interest.

yes I don't think rafael will play all the games . lvg was rumoured not to rate him from day 1

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Jones is/was a Bonus magnet for united, but the thing is they only have 6 clean sheets so far this season, and 4 were against teams in the bottom 6, fortunately they play QPR, Leicester and Burnley in 3 of the next 5 games.

Shaw's playing time could be affected when Rojo gets back fit.

Rooney in midfield is affecting Jones' CBIs now. Never a good sign when both goalkeepers take bonus in a 0-0 draw. I still wish I had him over Zabaleta for the next three matches :rolleyes:

To explain my thinking a bit more, I'd be looking at this as mainly a pre wildcard punt. Shaw started as wing back vs Stoke afaik, didn't see game so correct me if I'm wrong. Young has been lauded as being in excellent form in that position so Shaw starting every game wouldn't have been a cert IMO, but is now.

The last full Utd game I saw was their 1-0 win over Palace and Shaw was excellent and could have scored 2. If he plays WB against Southampton I think I'll go with him for games v QPR (a) and Leicester (h) till WC.

It may then be tempting to hold onto him for February when Utd have Burnley and Sunderland in their next 2 home games.

Edit. Oh, and finally, having a high team value gives me more scope to take this kind of punt, not to mention having Kane in front for now. I've 4.4m in the bank for Pete's sake, Zab to Shaw would give me another 0.8!

Young has been great bit what has he returned FF wise?

Shaw will return similar IMO which wasn't a great deal

Young has been great bit what has he returned FF wise?

Shaw will return similar IMO which wasn't a great deal

The difference is Shaw is a defender, you'd hope he can expect a few clean sheets from those fixtures hopefully, whereas an assist or a goal will be a bonus and a huge differential. No point comparing Young and Shaw FPL wise, it's more a case as the a lads said above of why you'd spend the extra 0.5 on Shaw over Jones.

• Advertisement

To explain my thinking a bit more, I'd be looking at this as mainly a pre wildcard punt. Shaw started as wing back vs Stoke afaik, didn't see game so correct me if I'm wrong. Young has been lauded as being in excellent form in that position so Shaw starting every game wouldn't have been a cert IMO, but is now.

The last full Utd game I saw was their 1-0 win over Palace and Shaw was excellent and could have scored 2. If he plays WB against Southampton I think I'll go with him for games v QPR (a) and Leicester (h) till WC.

It may then be tempting to hold onto him for February when Utd have Burnley and Sunderland in their next 2 home games.

Edit. Oh, and finally, having a high team value gives me more scope to take this kind of punt, not to mention having Kane in front for now. I've 4.4m in the bank for Pete's sake, Zab to Shaw would give me another 0.8!
    pre wild card punt I'd go for it so!

The difference is Shaw is a defender, you'd hope he can expect a few clean sheets from those fixtures hopefully, whereas an assist or a goal will be a bonus and a huge differential. No point comparing Young and Shaw FPL wise, it's more a case as the a lads said above of why you'd spend the extra 0.5 on Shaw over Jones.

For 3 games maybe but at 5.7 he would want to return assist/goal points for me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Leicster's Mahrez at 4.9 (midfielder) & Schlupp 4.5 (defender) have been two that have bend added to my list.

Mahrez could easily of scored 3 & had 1 or 2 assists v Luverpool.

Scored the winner v Hull

Had been looking really dangerously previously and it looks like he has found his feet. Also is their free kick taker.

I can see Leicster going on a decent run too.

With the return of Studge & Aguero imminent could be an excellent way to double on both along with a Costa or Falcao.

Schlupp on the other hand is a defender playing LF who I mentioned before.

both playing in African Cup afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

On my watch list to see if they are knocked out of the AFCON early so :)

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/551484035760132096?s=09

Schlupp ACoN participation is in doubt “I am not saying he won’t go, what I am saying is we will see how [his knee] is this week" #LCFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Chris Baird 3.9m.....started last 2 games...Tony Pulis and his magic hat...could free up some funds for Wildcard. Am I alone thinking this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

mectavba wrote: »
    Chris Baird 3.9m.....started last 2 games...Tony Pulis and his magic hat...could free up some funds for Wildcard. Am I alone thinking this?

No it's something I've had half an eye on as well. I'm getting nervous about Wisdom's gametime anyway whoever claims the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Speaking of Pulis, I'm considering Foster in goal. I have Guzan, and after this week, he has a nasty enough run. Foster on the other has has good fixtures (apart from Man C awat) right up to GW34, when they have a pretty horrible last 5.

PVA starts for Sunderland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

PVA starts for Sunderland :)

Starts and scoring goals for Sunderland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Starts and scoring goals for Sunderland!

Would have preferred if he'd kept his head down for now...don't want my rivals taking notice of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would have preferred if he'd kept his head down for now...don't want my rivals taking notice of him!

Me either, us later wildcarders will probably be saved by his pricefreeze when his red flag is removed though. Fixtures aren't favourable just yet either.

Divock Origi is being brought back early from his loan deal at Lille to Liverpool. Depending on price he way may be an option.

Di Maria is playing up front at the moment. Worth keeping an eye on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement